Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

labor worse with each child?

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 3:50 PM
  • 26 Replies

With my first son I was in labor for 21 hours, my contractions felt like strong cramps, but i was able to shower and talk and go through each one without crying. My second son, my labor pains were every other minute and more intense. This time around, I had back labor...the contractions started off in my stomach than moved to my back. It felt like a truck was parking on top of my back. The pressure against my spine was un-real. I'd stop talking and start crying with each contraction. Has this happened to anyone else?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mylilprincesses
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Nope actually easier with each child.
Oldest was very painful. .
Middle child like very painful menstrual cramps
Youngest. .very tolerable till the very end then it was unbearable.
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Sep. 22, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I have two kids and my labor with my son was very painful but went a lot faster then my labor with my dd.

rjmac88
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 4:54 PM
No. My first was ok.. Normal. My second super easy. Almost pain free (no drugs either). Third was screaming, crying mind blowing pain. My last was pretty normal
happymomma13
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 4:56 PM
My daughter I labored for 21 hours.
It was painful the whole time.
At the 15th hour I got an epidural because I stopped progressing.
After the epidural, it took 6 hours but I got to 10!

I'm pregnant with my second and hoping it's not too bad.
polkaspots
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Nope, my first labor was twice as long as my second, twenty four and then twelve hours roughly. It also took an hour of pushing the first time and then only a half hour with my second. Hopefully the trend continues with my next one, as I really dislike laboring in the hospital.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:25 PM
nope, mine were easier, back labor is generally because if baby's position, there are exercises you can do to help prevent it if you choose to have another
crumpy_gat
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:43 PM
My first labor was pure hell. Second was like a cake walk in comparison.
RhineAndShine
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:53 PM
My 1st and 3rd were my hardest labors. My easiest was my 4th and 5th. I have delivered 6 times.
Kellileanne
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:59 PM
My labors were about the same length for both girls but my first was way easier pain wise and she was an induction, I didn't even get an epidural. My second was back labor--I now know why some women scream during labor. It was unreal, but the epidural worked perfectly and I had very little pain more like pressure after it was put in, not even enough to stop me from talking.
JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Yes, my 2nd was worst than my 1st.  I had back labor because my 2nd was posterior.  My 3rd was easier than my 2nd, but worse than my 1st.  My 4th was easier than all of them, and my 5th was the easiest of all despite having double peaking contractions lasting around 3 min each time.

I dealt with them easier, and it was easier to deal with not being in the hospital with them harassing me during labor too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)