Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

my head hasnt exploded yet...

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:12 PM
  • 5 Replies
Ok so a little about my boys, DS1 had to have major surgery when he was 4 days old (hole in his diaphragm, CDH) now with switching pediatricians wefind out his slight differences in.his hands are a bigger problem (one.hand wont flip and one arm.is slightly shorter) now DS2 got here 9 days ago and has a cast up to his thigh from a club foot. We go in on the 30th for both boys (one.for a new cast and another for the diagnosis on.his arm/hand. I don't know how I'm holding it together, both of my boys are beautiful and healthy and I'm glad, but why does it have to be so hard for them.....
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MrsMoretz
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Has anyone dealt with club foot or bone abnormalities?
lauratupper
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs!

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry.  I can't imagine, but really, the baby won't remember the cast.  I have a friend whose son had club feet (he's in braces now after casting as an infant), but he also has EDS (an issue with the connective tissues in the body so his intestines don't work right and rupture easily and his dislocates joints easily on top of it, plus he's got a seizure disorder and they are still waiting on some genetic testing to figure some other things out--he's 2.5 and spend more of his life in the hospital than out)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Courageous-Cayden/149673278528084

My cousin's baby just had open heart surgery.  I can't sympathize, but I can empathize.

my youngest had an eeg this summer for vaso-vagal syncope accompanied by "seizure like" activity and my middle has SPD, so you aren't alone in feeling totally bummed some days because you can't fix it all...

MrsMoretz
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:46 PM
I guess I just wish I knew someone who I could talk to that had been through it. Maybe, I don't really know, I just don't want people asking questions just to be nosey I want them to care. I have one nosey family that likes to talk
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Sep. 24, 2013 at 1:25 PM

((hugs))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)