Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

milestones & premiees

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:00 PM
  • 5 Replies
My son was born at 34 weeks & 3 days .according to the doctors he was a very mature premiee .had no problems. Any ladies on here have premiees & if so , did it rake longer for them to hit the milestones ? Hoe much longer ? Etc.
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
angela.bouchard
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:12 PM
My son was born at 34 weeks and he was right on with his due date until he hit about 4 months he caught up and grew in size.
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:17 PM

with preterm kids (34-37w) there generally aren't huge issues, but there could be some things slightly behind.  My oldest was 34w0d and she was my latest to smile and coo and talk, but otherwise she was right on schedule with everything else, walking at 10.5 mos (9 adjusted), rolling at only 2.5 months (both ways, so 1month adjusted--very early, my two full-term children didn't roll until 4 months), etc.

LoriAnn87
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Both of my boys were preemies. My oldest was born at 34 weeks and he was right on track with all of his milestones but he did have a speech delay but once he got help and started preschool he's speech started to get much better. My youngest he was born at 36.5 weeks and so far he is right on track with all of his milestones.

coffeemom37043
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:31 PM

My DD was born at 36 weeks- 4lb 8oz. My little brother happen to be born 2 weeks later at 39 weeks and 7lbs 8oz. He can hold his head up at this point (5 months) and she can't just yet. She is still wobbly and puts her chin to her chest a lot still. He can also stand up if they have him supported against something. So yeah, we've noticed a little bit of a difference.

coffeemom37043
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:32 PM

And actually, I forget where I saw it but somewhere online I saw that doctors have a specific name for where preemie babies should be, and where they actually are developmentally

Quoting coffeemom37043:

My DD was born at 36 weeks- 4lb 8oz. My little brother happen to be born 2 weeks later at 39 weeks and 7lbs 8oz. He can hold his head up at this point (5 months) and she can't just yet. She is still wobbly and puts her chin to her chest a lot still. He can also stand up if they have him supported against something. So yeah, we've noticed a little bit of a difference.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN