Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Almost 13 mos and not walking

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:48 AM
  • 46 Replies
She'll take a few steps if I stand her up but is just crawling still. She crawls super fast so she gets around great so she prob assumes she doesn't need to walk. But she cruises along furniture but just doesn't care to walk independently! Should I worry?? Cuz I'm starting to...
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lauratupper
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
My ds didn't walk until 15 months. Doctors don't start start worrying until 18 months. I wouldn't worry.
waytomanykids10
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

She is doing more then my almost 13 month old is doing. He just started pulling himself up on furniture, and doesn't even try to walk between furniture. I personally wouldn't worry yet, lots of 13month old babies aren't walking.

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:55 AM
2 moms liked this

Normal range is 9 months to 18 months. My oldest walked at 13.5 months.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Ya that's what my pedi said... That delayed is considered not until 18 mos.

Quoting lauratupper:

My ds didn't walk until 15 months. Doctors don't start start worrying until 18 months. I wouldn't worry.

harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:37 AM
I know it just seems like every baby I know now has been walking since 10 mos or something! And every baby I see her age is walking

Quoting waytomanykids10:

She is doing more then my almost 13 month old is doing. He just started pulling himself up on furniture, and doesn't even try to walk between furniture. I personally wouldn't worry yet, lots of 13month old babies aren't walking.

JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:40 AM

My first started walking a week before his first birthday.  My second started walking at nine months.  My third started walking at 16 months old, my fourth started walking two weeks after her first birthday.  My fifth is only 6 1/2 months old, so not sure when she'll start walking yet.

They are all different, and you're fine. :) 

waytomanykids10
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:49 AM

3 of my kids started walking between 9 and 12 months old. My 4th baby is behind them in pretty much everything. I'm not worried though, he had a rough start to life so it is understandable that he is behind the others.

Quoting harajukumoma:

I know it just seems like every baby I know now has been walking since 10 mos or something! And every baby I see her age is walking

Quoting waytomanykids10:

AngryBob
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:52 AM
My oldest was lazy. She didn't want to walk unless we were holding her. Then one day, she just got up and started walking. She was seventeen months. She is three now, dances, runs skips, not a single problem.
My second was thirteen months when he walked. They both walked a month after their younger sibling was born. My youngest is nine months, hopefully he walks without that! Lol
AliceNonsense
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 1:47 PM
The age varies so I wouldn't worry. DS started walking at 10.5 months, SO daughter started at 14 mo.
mrsniebo
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Don't worry yet. DD didn't start walking until she was nearly 14 months, and even then it was only while she was walking behind a toy or holding our hands. She didn't walk independently until she was 18.5 months (it was totally a confidence thing for her), but you wouldn't be able to tell now that she's 3.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)