Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How important is it that you have everything you might possibly need in your diaper bag before leaving the house?

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:45 PM
  • 116 Replies

As parents, one thing is for sure.... life is BUSY! Often you find yourself trying to do a million things at once.

Tell us, How important is it that you have everything you might possibly need in your diaper bag before leaving the house?

We're excited to hear from you!

Sincerely,

The Cafemom Team

by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
piercedbeauty21
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 6:49 AM

A+D comes with me EVERYWHERE. I keep some in my diaper bag, the car, my parent's house, etc. With my daughter it was a lifesaver, and now that my son is due tomorrow, I can't wait to start using the product again. It's become a household staple in our bathroom

MommyIn2008
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:54 AM

It is very importanat for me to have everything that I need in my diaperbag and ready to go at anytime. As a mother of 4 and two more on the way I know all about how important it is to have a product like A&D. I love the different type of ointment to help prevent and treat. I always have diaper rashes slipping through on my little ones. 

I have forgotten many things in my diaper bag ranging from diaper, bottles. to a change of clothes. It's a very frustrating thing when I am out and about and have to stop at the grocery store just to buy something that I know I have tons of at home. 

mrssummerlin
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:06 AM

It's extremely important for me to have my bag all ready to go! With a 6wk old and a very active 5yr old I can't go out unprepared... Ever!

with my DS, no, but with DD (5yrs) I ended up forgetting something almost every time I left the house. Ugh. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Mommabearbergh
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I usually pack it at night so I am ready for anything. Throw all the necessary items that need to be in there. It helps move the morning along
AbbeysMom2013
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:16 AM
It is very important for me to have everything I need in the diaper bag. I would hate to be out of the house and not have something I need for my daughter.

I fourtnetly have not been in a situation where I have forgot to pack something. I am very well prepared. Every baby item I use I have one for the house, one for the diaper bag, and an extra one. That way I Know I will not be forgetting an item.
6under1roof
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Back when I only had one or two kids, I was very vigilant about packing everything and then some in my diaper bag "just in case". But I realized with the kids beyond them, that 99% of that stuff I never actually used when out of the house. I mean, seriously... what on earth would I need nail clippers and a bulb syringe at the store for? I don't know, but back then I thought surely some catastrophe would happen and I'd be well prepared to clip and suck whatever came at me!
My diaper bag is MUCH more simple now- diapers, wipes, wetbag DONE! *IF* baby is having a rash, I'd keep some rash ointment and diaper liners in the bag, but it doesn't happen very often, so I don't worry about it if it's not a current issue.

Occasionally I forget to grab my wetbag, and that kind of sucks.  We cloth diaper, so I have to bring the wet/dirty diapers home with me. Without a wetbag I'm left wrapping a diaper in paper towels, or nabbing a plastic bag from the cashier if we're at a grocery store.

MommyIn2008
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:54 AM
1 mom liked this

It is very importanat for me to have everything that I need in my diaperbag and ready to go at anytime. As a mother of 4 and two more on the way I know all about how important it is to have a product like A&D. I love the different type of ointment to help prevent and treat. I always have diaper rashes slipping through on my little ones. 

I have forgotten many things in my diaper bag ranging from diaper, bottles. to a change of clothes. It's a very frustrating thing when I am out and about and have to stop at the grocery store just to buy something that I know I have tons of at home. 

DomsMama07
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this
It's very important to have everything packed! Unfortanetly that rarely ever happens! Usually we get to where we are going, get settled and then I realize I forgot something! Having to put 3 kids back in the car to go back and get whatever it is, is a hassle!
poohbearkfc
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:20 AM
It is so important for me to have have everything I need. I try to have 2 of everything so that one is always in the diaper bag and one at home. But some things that's not possible with, so I go over it many times to make sure everything is there.

I do remember forgetting our daughters pacifier and blanket (it's attatched). And even though she only uses it for bed I turned around to go home and get it. I remember thinking yep, I'm officially a mom.
Roomfor1more
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 3:15 AM
Its extremely important to have every thing might need in my diaper bag for each trip. I actually keep 2 bags packed at all times, 1 large bag for longer trips which has a minimum of 10 diapers, wipes, at least 2 changes of clothes, a & d ointment and a bag for dirty clothes, breast feeding so no need for bottles. I also keep a small bag packed with 3 diapers, wipes & ointment and 1 change of clothes for quick trips, whatever is used is replaced as soon as I get home so its ready for next time or in case of an emergency.

I've been caught in a situation where I had to grab a bag & baby and run for a family emergency, I didn't take the time to double check the contents and ended up having to spend extra cash on items o had at home, not to mention shopping while extremely stressed.....never again.
twitchandsnore
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 3:30 AM
It's so important to have everything I need in my diaper bag before I leave the house. I've had to carry my baby naked through a store because I didn't pack an extra outfit and they had a major blowout. My husband says (jokingly.....i think) that I forget so I can shop. There's nothing worse than going to change a diaper and finding they have a horrible rash and I forgot to throw in the a&d. My 21 month old is queen of the surprise rash!
Amycapl
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 5:54 AM
It's really important to have everything we need packed in our diaper bag... Inevitably the one thing I haven't packed will be the one thing I need. This baby spits up a lot which I was not prepared for. Ives forgotten to pack her extra clothes on more than one occasion
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN