Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How important is it that you have everything you might possibly need in your diaper bag before leaving the house?

Posted by   + Show Post

As parents, one thing is for sure.... life is BUSY! Often you find yourself trying to do a million things at once.

Tell us, How important is it that you have everything you might possibly need in your diaper bag before leaving the house?

We're excited to hear from you!

Sincerely,

The Cafemom Team

by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Replies (111-116):
aztecqueen22
by Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 5:44 AM
Not very important really.. I breastfeed so no bottles and cans of formula. And I'm rarely out for so long. But the one time I did stay out long I made sure to have 2 CDs, wipes, diaper covers, and that's about it. I think I brought a change of clothes also.
da808gypsy
by Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 4:35 AM
I wouldn't use paper towels. Lol I'm afraid it'll leak I I'll find a plastic bag no matter what if I forget my wet bag. My ds never had a rash before but I have liners just in case

Quoting 6under1roof:

Back when I only had one or two kids, I was very vigilant about packing everything and then some in my diaper bag "just in case". But I realized with the kids beyond them, that 99% of that stuff I never actually used when out of the house. I mean, seriously... what on earth would I need nail clippers and a bulb syringe at the store for? I don't know, but back then I thought surely some catastrophe would happen and I'd be well prepared to clip and suck whatever came at me!
My diaper bag is MUCH more simple now- diapers, wipes, wetbag DONE! *IF* baby is having a rash, I'd keep some rash ointment and diaper liners in the bag, but it doesn't happen very often, so I don't worry about it if it's not a current issue.

Occasionally I forget to grab my wetbag, and that kind of sucks.  We cloth diaper, so I have to bring the wet/dirty diapers home with me. Without a wetbag I'm left wrapping a diaper in paper towels, or nabbing a plastic bag from the cashier if we're at a grocery store.

JaydensMama418
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:37 AM

I pack and unpack my babies diaper bag multiple times a day to make sure he has everything he would need if something happened where I was stuck where ever im at. He always has enough diapers, wipes, baby powder, rash cream, toys, stuff for teething. His diaper bags always packed.

RnR01
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:16 PM

For me as an obssessive compulsive it was  very important.  One  thing I had to have and posted this in another group...If you have spit up baby....Is a spray bottle of water. It is great. It helps. You won't go through all your wipes and clean up is much easier. Amaazing how much a spray bottle of water, even ssmalllllll helps in this process.  Trust me... My husband went through paper towles like nothing.  When I came home I could always find them both. All I had to do was follow the trail of paper towles. No kidding. Funny now but an issue then.  I not only had to reclean baby but I had to throw away the towles and cover the smell of spit up in the house.  Oh how funny now but then not so much.

Madaleine
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 5:16 PM
If I don't want to scramble with cryin kids and spend money on things I already have. It's very important.

My bag carries: diapers, wipes, rash cream, 2 8oz bottles, 2 4oz sip cups, bag of snacks, 2 mix veggie cups, spoon, spare pants, spare onesie & 2 granola bars.

This carries me for 5-6hours easy. I do a break for diapers, feeding, and my snack.:)

Quoting CafeMom Team:

As parents, one thing is for sure.... life is BUSY! Often you find yourself trying to do a million things at once.

Tell us, How important is it that you have everything you might possibly need in your diaper bag before leaving the house?

We're excited to hear from you!

Sincerely,

The Cafemom Team

Owl_Feather
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I was like that with my first. With DD I just pack a few cloth diapers then leave lol. A&D doeant work with cloth diapers though :( I did use it with DS while traveling and it worked nicely.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)