Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How to get over post-baby insecurities

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:16 AM
  • 16 Replies
I'm so insecure :( I had dd a week ago and hate the way my body looks. It was the same way with odd and it took nearly 6 months to get over it. I just don't want the sameprproblem this time, since it put a damper in my marriage last time. Any advice on how to get rid of the post-baby body blues?
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nocalmegan
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Work out? I don't know. You're body might never look the same. You only had the baby a week ago. Give it a few weeks for all the swelling and everything to go down and then see how you feel.
Devious103102
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:19 AM

Give yourself TIME and please just remind yourself that it took 9 months to grow that beautiful baby, you're not going to go "back to normal" in a day. 

Kaliary
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:19 AM
YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:12 AM
First, know that how your body looks is NORMAL. So many women today think they have to be skinny again immediately and for most, that just isn't possible. And that is ok. You just grew a human being! Give yourself some grace and enjoy that little baby.

Second, know your husband probably doesn't care what you look like. He sees a gorgeous, sexy woman with whom he wants to have sex. That's all that matters anyway! What other people think has no bearing on your life. Only your husband counts. Don't be afraid to enjoy him too, once your body heals ;)
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:44 PM

work out and be healthy. Stay positive! Dress in a way that makes you feel good about yourself. Know that there is just a small window of time your body will be post-partum give yourself a chance. I know I went through this with my first baby.Stay positive!

kLynch315
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Give yourself time, mama! If in a year you're still unsatisfied then okay, but for now give yourself some slack. I have never had the same body image after having children (my oldest is 10 years old). I've just accepted it is what it is and try to move forward. So long as I'm healthy, that's all that matters I suppose. That's what I tell myself anyway. lol 

LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I completely understand, I've been there too. Try not to be hard on yourself and remember it's only been a week. Once you are able to start exercising do that and make healthy food choices.

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Just keep in mind that you gave your body to your baby. I had to keep saying this over & over again to myself during & after my pregnancy. Now a year later I still have to remind myself. I also look at my body differently now. Like I have more respect for my body because of what it has done. I grew another human being inside my body & then nourished this baby for a year now with my breasts. That's a lot of hard work for your body to do & it's not gonna be the same after all that hard work.

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Try to remind yourself to be logical instead of only emotion. Realize that you just had a baby come out of you, and it took 9 months to build that home for the baby. It won't instantly disappear, it takes time, motivation and work. Your body looks completely normal and natural for what it just went through, there should be no shame in how it looks. It just finished creating a miracle. 

expectantmom81
by Erin on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:38 PM
You need to give yourself time. I find that when I work out and eat healthy not only do I lose weight but I feel better mentally ;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)