Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Until when do you swaddle?

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:36 AM
  • 20 Replies

My 11 week old can only sleep deeply when she is tightly swaddled. Until what age do you all swaddle?

by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AliceNonsense
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:15 AM
I quit at about 3 weeks, DS wasn't diggin it. He would rather sleep with his arms and legs wide open :)
Cheyennesmommy4
by Christina on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Charlie loved to be swaddled from birth, he finally quit wanting to be swaddled around 6 months.

1CrazyCajun
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:09 AM

After about 2 weeks, my son didn't like his arms being swaddle anymore. About the 3 month mark, he started to kick his blanket until he got his legs free. I ended up getting a sleep sack, becaue he'd keep kicking his blanket off. It was einter time and I was worried he would get cold.

~* No Drama Mamas*~ Come Join Us

JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I don't.

storkradio193
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I say do it as long as possible.  I swaddled until my babies broke out consistently.  It was not until around probably 8 months with my first and a few months with my second.  Sleep sacks work well after that.  I put them in sleep sacks until at least two.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:52 PM

My oldest loved to be swaddled, I did it until she was 3 months!!

My son's hated it! My first son would refuse to be swaddled after a week and my other son started to hate it at 4 weeks.

My youngest as soon as she turned 6 weeks did not want to be swaddled, she liked the blankets around her legs only!

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:53 PM

We only swaddle for the first couple of weeks. It's too warm here in South Florida.

slgilliam
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I never did swaddle. My daughter kicked out of it too. She didn't like it. I bought her a sleep sack for daycare but she didn't like that either.

LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 4:19 PM

My DS was swaddled for about 8 weeks.

expectantmom81
by Erin on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I say do it until baby doesn't like it anymore :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)