Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Advice please!!! EDIT

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 6:42 AM
  • 9 Replies
My dd (17 months) started to get really hot in the middle of night. Her whole body is burning hot. From her head down to her toes. Her temp at 5:30 was 98.9 and at 6:20 her temp was 98.2. Her legs are starting to cool down but the rest of her is still burning up. Her doctor doesn't get in till 10 on Fridays. Any clue to what is going on? She is acting normal. She woke up at 5:30 when i was taking her temp and she is watching sesame street and she doesn't seem like she is sick or anything. But its just weird.

Ok i went and bought a new thermometer yesterday because i just felt like the one i had wasn't accurate. Sure enough the new one said she had a fever. I gave her Motrin and it went down. Way down. Then during the night last night she got extremely hot but was fine when she woke up and has been fine all day until about an hour ago, her fever is back. Her Dr office just closed a little while ago. I gave her Motrin again and hopefully it goes down again. I'm freaking out, she is my first so i have no clue what to do. I hate giving her medicine. All she has is a fever and a tiny appetite. Nothing else is going on.
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 6:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Ryansmommy713
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:10 AM

My son used to get soooo hot to the point of sweating but he wasn't cranky, or had a fever.. nothing. and out apt was always cool.  He used to sleep on this super soft blanket, and I switched it out to a cooler blanket, that helped. I wasn't really too concerned about it. It stopped happening at like 12 months. It could be what she's sleeping on?  I would also let him sleep with just a diaper. that helped too. 

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:13 AM
My oldest is like that... He gets very warm when he sleeps. As long as she's acting fine and there's no super high temp then it is probably nothing.
steph0420
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Hot sleeper. My husband and son are both furnaces when they sleep.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:51 PM

He must be a hot sleeper : )

shjchica
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:05 PM

My DH and 9 month old DD are like that too....hot sleepers. DD could be only in a diaper and still does it lol

expectantmom81
by Erin on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:08 PM
My boys sweat in their sleep
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alandou
by April on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:43 AM

That happened a few times with my dd. I think she was just too hot in her pj's. I wanted to keep her warm because it was winter time and she won't keep blankets on her when she sleeps. One day she woke up crying in a different kind of way and I knew immediately something was wrong. I got her out of her crib and she was sweating and burning up. I undressed her to her diaper and brought her in bed with me while a fan was blowing on her and I had a cool rag for her as well. As soon as she cooled off, she fell back asleep.

-Mamamia-
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Bump
1frog
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Could be baby is to warm when going to or in bed. Lighter, or no blankets, and no jammies. If there is a ceiling fan in the room it will help keep her cooler also and is safer than a floor or desk model as she grows. Listen to your instincts Mom, and do what your heart says.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN