Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's me again

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:10 AM
  • 20 Replies
Ok so we tried almond milk. I tried the unsweetened one first- he hated it. Went back immediately and got the regular almond- hated it. Vanilla- NOPE. Coconut- NOPE. I had SO go back and buy all coconut and all almond they made, sweetened and unsweetened and the only thing he would drink is whole milk which is the problem. I tried offering the other milks a little warm. I tried different cups. This was all between yesterday afternoon until this morning. Any ideas? The boy loves his milk!! He can't do soy either.
Should I just keep him on the whole milk and have him eat prunes every day so he has BM regularly?
What a pain! I'm still going to try throughout the day, so I'm not giving up just yet
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
expectantmom81
by Erin on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Is the pedi the one telling you not to do the milk? My first would get constipated frequently so the pedi just had me give him miralax a couple times a day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AliceNonsense
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:36 AM
No, she's wanting me to keep him on it. He was in hypoallergenic formula because it severely constipated him as an infant and gave him bad eczema. We still battle the eczema. We switched to whole milk after he turned one to see how he would do. He has had 2 BM in a week so obviously he still can't tolerate it. She wants me to keep him on it and just huge him prune and prune juice daily. I told her yesterday that I feel it would be best if he were on a different type of milk and it backfired- all he wants is whole milk,

Quoting expectantmom81:

Is the pedi the one telling you not to do the milk? My first would get constipated frequently so the pedi just had me give him miralax a couple times a day.

polkaspots
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:38 AM
I don't remember why you wanted to use an alternative milk instead of whole milk. Does he have an allergy? There's no reason to make him poop more unless he's constipated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
expectantmom81
by Erin on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Eczema is a sign of allergy. I would ask about do an allergy test to make sure the milk is ok and if it comes back that there is no allergy then I would ask about trying the miralax.

Quoting AliceNonsense:

No, she's wanting me to keep him on it. He was in hypoallergenic formula because it severely constipated him as an infant and gave him bad eczema. We still battle the eczema. We switched to whole milk after he turned one to see how he would do. He has had 2 BM in a week so obviously he still can't tolerate it. She wants me to keep him on it and just huge him prune and prune juice daily. I told her yesterday that I feel it would be best if he were on a different type of milk and it backfired- all he wants is whole milk,

Quoting expectantmom81:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AliceNonsense
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Allergy. He is constipated. He has only pooped twice in about a week and it's been very very little and harder than a rock,

Quoting polkaspots:

I don't remember why you wanted to use an alternative milk instead of whole milk. Does he have an allergy? There's no reason to make him poop more unless he's constipated.

polkaspots
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:58 AM
So it seems crazy to me to keep giving it to him if he's physically having reactions from it. Honestly I would out stubborn him. After a year they are supposed to be getting most of their nutrition from food instead of milk anyway. There are other ways to get the calcium, protein, potassium, and vitamin D than milk. There's also goat milk, cheese and yogurt.

Quoting AliceNonsense:

Allergy. He is constipated. He has only pooped twice in about a week and it's been very very little and harder than a rock,

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Wow : / I have no idea what you should do. Poor little guy, constipation is no fun

AliceNonsense
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:32 AM
It is literally the only thing he will drink. No water, no juice (I'm fine with that). Thats why I'm having such a hard time. He lets water run down his chin- I give it to him daily. I even leave a sippy of it where he can reach it. I don't want to keep giving him something he can't tolerate but idk what else to do. I was told gat milk will have the same affect as cow milk.

Quoting polkaspots:

So it seems crazy to me to keep giving it to him if he's physically having reactions from it. Honestly I would out stubborn him. After a year they are supposed to be getting most of their nutrition from food instead of milk anyway. There are other ways to get the calcium, protein, potassium, and vitamin D than milk. There's also goat milk, cheese and yogurt.

Quoting AliceNonsense:

Quoting polkaspots:

AliceNonsense
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Out stubborn him how? I'm all ears! He eats very well, and very healthy.

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting AliceNonsense:

Quoting polkaspots:

polkaspots
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Just give him the other beverages and not make whole milk an option. It's hurting him, just don't give it to him. At his age it's not like he can go in the fridge and get it himself. And as for food you can give him foods that have the same nutrients as milk without the results. He isn't required to drink cow's milk.

Quoting AliceNonsense:

Out stubborn him how? I'm all ears! He eats very well, and very healthy.

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting AliceNonsense:

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)