Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:14 AM
  • 7 Replies
My baby is one week old. I didn't breast feed for two days due to introducing formula and my breastmilk seems to have vanished. What can I do to bring it back....I want to do both and am afraid I can't now.
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Replies (1-7):
mrskandi
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I drank lots of water and ate oatmeal 3 times a day ,I also drank mothers milk tea ,There is also fenugreek in a pill that works too .Gl .Oh try staying in bed with the baby with no shirt on and try letting the baby nurse ,You can also trying pumping too.Gl

Seximama23
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Let baby nurse as often as needed and increase water intake...your baby nursing will tell your body to make more milk.
nickname-mommy
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:43 AM

nurse as often as possible. it should stimulate your production. and keep nursing until your supply is established then you can give her some formula. 

JadeTigr7
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Your supply won't stop in only 2 days.  Put baby back to the breast, that's the only way to establish supply, and keep it.

abra
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:49 PM
this! Just keep trying. Good luck!!

Quoting mrskandi:

I drank lots of water and ate oatmeal 3 times a day ,I also drank mothers milk tea ,There is also fenugreek in a pill that works too .Gl .Oh try staying in bed with the baby with no shirt on and try letting the baby nurse ,You can also trying pumping too.Gl

angela.bouchard
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:08 PM

bump

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Hi,

This was posted twice. Please continue the conversation on this thread: 

http://www.cafemom.com/group/babies/forums/read/19158025/Breastfeeding?last#post244627817

Thank you for being part of this group!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)