Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:14 AM
  • 18 Replies
My baby is one week old. I didn't breast feed for two days due to introducing formula and my breastmilk seems to have vanished. What can I do to bring it back....I want to do both and am afraid I can't now.
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Put baby to breast and look into a supplemental nursing system when formula is needed.  Also look into mother milk tea and eat oatmeal to help increase supply. 

la_bella_vita
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:29 AM
2 moms liked this

Nurse as much as possible. You can also try fenugreek or mother's milk tea (I have used both) and make sure you stay hydrated. Not to be nosy and you don't have to answer if you don't wish but what is your reason for introducing formula?

Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Join the breastfeeding group.  Just nurse. if you're changing 6 diapers a day then supply is fine.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

emkirkley
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this
this

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Nurse as much as possible. You can also try fenugreek or mother's milk tea (I have used both) and make sure you stay hydrated. Not to be nosy and you don't have to answer if you don't wish but what is your reason for introducing formula?

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

This :)

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Just put baby back into nursing. It's early enough yet where the milk supply can come back if it's encouraged. Do it very often and as long as baby will do it. 

YzmaRocks
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Milk takes months to dry up (unless there are special circumstances like birth control or pregnancy) so you still have it! Put baby to breast at every wiggle and fuss and count diapers. You want 6-8 in a 24 hour period, and one wet = 4T of pee.
kgmmw
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:53 PM

I did not know this. I stopped breastfeeding my 7 wk old about a week ago due to me not eating good and not having enough milk but wanna go back to breastfeeding him now that im eating and drinking plenty.

Quoting YzmaRocks:

Milk takes months to dry up (unless there are special circumstances like birth control or pregnancy) so you still have it! Put baby to breast at every wiggle and fuss and count diapers. You want 6-8 in a 24 hour period, and one wet = 4T of pee.

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:55 PM
You may have had a dip in supply, but that's definitely not enough time for you to dry up. Nurse as much as possible, only supplement if baby doesn't produce atleast 6 diapers in 24 hrs. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YzmaRocks
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Very possible! Check out kellymom.com for more info on how to do it. After a month it will be a little harder to up your supply (possibly) or to get baby to latch but it is doable!

Quoting kgmmw:

I did not know this. I stopped breastfeeding my 7 wk old about a week ago due to me not eating good and not having enough milk but wanna go back to breastfeeding him now that im eating and drinking plenty.

Quoting YzmaRocks:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)