Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies bumping heads to play

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:36 PM
  • 8 Replies
I've noticed when I was watching my friend's son who is 9 months with my daughter who is now 7 months, that he would get close to her crawling and try to bump her with his head. I thought it was funny and didn't understand what it meant.
Just now my daughter rolled up to me, to my knee and started laughing n bumping her head on my knee slightly, kinda playing, she was so happy kinda saying, hey, mom! I got to you!
Have u had your babies do this around this age?
I take it they are trying to play or just say hi;-)
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kayleesmom42328
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:42 PM
My 15 month old dd does the same to my 10 week old ds & to dh & I. She smiles & laughs like she is playing. Sometimes we have to tell her to be gentle.
AliceNonsense
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:12 PM
DS is one. He loves to bump his head. He does it to me when I ask for a kiss, His favorite bump is when I let him play on the couch. He'll get on the arm, stand up, and slowly bumps his head on the wall,
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Yes, I've seen my kid's do that at the age too.

lauratupper
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 4:47 PM

My ds has never really done that, but I have pictures from when I was little of me and my friends doing it lol

SallyQ
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:18 PM
So interesting to hear your babies do the same! I always wonder if they already understand us they just can't talk yet.
I love this age(newborn to a year), so many changes! Just amazing! Can't wait to have couple more babies!
Cheyennesmommy4
by Christina on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Charlie does it, he thinks it's funny until he bumps his head too hard then he cries. Mason did the same thing too. Charlie is almost 9 months old and Mason was around 7 months when he started doing it.

shoot4thestars
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Last night ds pulled himself in to my lap and looked at me, so I put my face close to his and he head butt me.  The look on his face was priceless... Lol. Since he's been teething he'll bounce his head off things like the sofa trying to eat it, and I think he's starting to realize it doesn't feel to good when he tries to do it on someone's knee.  I don't know if that's the same thing your friends baby does.  Ds is 9 months.

SallyQ
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Haha! My baby girl is doing the same in attempt to get a bite, so I gave her a frozen cloth teether and she just went at it, lol

Quoting shoot4thestars:

Last night ds pulled himself in to my lap and looked at me, so I put my face close to his and he head butt me.  The look on his face was priceless... Lol. Since he's been teething he'll bounce his head off things like the sofa trying to eat it, and I think he's starting to realize it doesn't feel to good when he tries to do it on someone's knee.  I don't know if that's the same thing your friends baby does.  Ds is 9 months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)