Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Formula

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 4:42 PM
  • 8 Replies
Hi girls, i havent mad too many posts in here. Im. New. I have a question. What do u suggest i do.
I have tons of formula coipons, one for $15 off and i know with the shut down someone cld use them . However i dont know anyone who is going to ff. I was thinking about dropping them off at a foid bank so they can give them out there to pple who need them. Any other suggestions?
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bebe_ju-rah
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 4:44 PM
That's a good idea. I am a part of a couple of local FB groups of mommies selling to other mommies and we pass coupons back and forth as we get them to mommies who need them. Maybe look into that?
Corinnesingh
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Thanks! Thats a great idea. I really feel for these mothers who are in need of formula and dont have any. Yes there are plenty of bashers in other groups , but when babies r in meed they are in need. They have no fault

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

That's a good idea. I am a part of a couple of local FB groups of mommies selling to other mommies and we pass coupons back and forth as we get them to mommies who need them. Maybe look into that?
bebe_ju-rah
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I 100% agree! When I was in the hospital having Seb, the nurse told me that they have to throw away EVERYTHING in the room after a patient is discharged, even the unopened formula! I EBF but I grabbed every last one of those formula bottles (and she gave me extra) and I brought them to the soup kitchen. There is no need to throw all that away!
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 16, 2013 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

That's a good idea, I've taken formula to the women's shelter before.

alandou
by April on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Do you have a local "pay it forward" or "for sale" (even though you want to give it away) group on FB? You could offer it there if you do. The food bank is a great idea or even the women's shelter as the pp commented. Maybe a church also?

jessymoka
by Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I've been mailing mine out to the fabulous ladies in my due date group who use formula.
expectantmom81
by Erin on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Great idea!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I donated a bunch of formula that I never used to WIC.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)