Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Do you have any diaper bag packing advice to share?

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:42 AM
  • 92 Replies

As a new parent it is easy to over pack the diaper bag but at the same time you don't dare under pack!

Tell us...Do you have any diaper bag packing advice to share?

We're excited to hear from you!

Sincerely,
The Cafemom Team

by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
micheledo
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Keep it simple!  The more kids I have, the less I end up packing.  :)  Anymore, I just take a couple diapers and some wipes.  If it is an infant, I grab a onesie.  That's it!

Whereismymind
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this

When it comes to packing a diaper bag my advice is to always  have a few essential items diapers,wipes,change of clothes and my new favorite staple a+d!! 

mamalusbear
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:41 PM

I agree keep the packing light, the more you have to lug around the harder it is.

poohbearkfc
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Make sure to put all your medicines in a separate bag inside your diaper bag. Easier to find and if it busts open it won't make a mess in the whole bag.
graycalico
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Great tip!

Quoting micheledo:

Keep it simple!  The more kids I have, the less I end up packing.  :)  Anymore, I just take a couple diapers and some wipes.  If it is an infant, I grab a onesie.  That's it!

graycalico
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 12:36 AM
It's always worth a quick glance before you go out the door. Sometimes I think I have the basics and then find out too late that I'm missing something. You don't want to be stranded somewhere without your A&D!
Roomfor1more
by Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 1:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Take only what you need...diapers, wipes, a change of clothes, changing pad or blanket to change baby on, hand sanitizer, bag for dirty clothes (don't want poop or vomit all over everything in there) and your A&D ointment.

If you know mornings are crazy, pack the bag the night before and if you use something out of the bag, replace it when you get home so the bag is ready for your next trip.
6under1roof
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 1:59 AM

Stick to the essentials. It's hard enough to lug around kids and get stuff done without needing to worry about a heavy, overpacked diaper bag. Diapers, wipes, possibly a change of clothes, a wetbag/changing pad, and A&D diaper rash cream when you need it.

ImNotKarl
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Pack as little as possible, and put anything that can explode or leak into a separate baggie or pocket so it won't ruin anything. 

I am NOT Karl. But I might still eat your hands.

Augmama2be
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Less is definitely more!! I hate having to dig to get what I need!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)