Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No sleep

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:35 PM
  • 18 Replies
I'm at my wits end. My 2 month old won't sleep. I put her down when she's sleepy at night to have her wake up less then 20 min later and then won't finally crash until midnight. I just returned to work 2 weeks ago and I'm exhausted. I need her to sleep so I can or I'm going to snap. Any suggestions? Right now she has a stuffy nose so I know that's a lot of the problem.
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:36 PM

What happens when you put her to sleep and lay her down, or sleep with her?

LilTymomma
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this

its hard especially when they're sick. Are you a single parent? If not you could as your SO to take turns feeding during the night or taking care of her when she wakes up. Also,..if you can when you get home from workyou can take a nap when your baby is sleeping too. Also,..having everything ready before going to bed for when she wakes up in the middle of the night, unless your breastfeeding. For stuffy nose a humidifier is very helpeful or just those things you plug in, you'll find them in the same section at the store...forgot what they were called. Good luck!

lilsirsmomma
by Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:46 PM
My 6 Mo did the same thing at 2 mos. I co sleep with baby because that's the only way I get any sleep
abra
by Abra on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:59 PM
do you have a humidifier?
Momof2-87
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Not a single parent, husband works 24 hour shifts at the fire dept so I am by myself. I don't have a humidifier yet but I guess I should get one. When I laid her down tonight she couldn't breathe so within 10 min she was up screaming. I've gotten 30 min off sleep tonight so far.
YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Do you breastfeed? If so, put some breastmilk in her nose. It will help with the congestion. Also, bed sharing will help her and you (as long as you breastfeed, of course).
Momof2-87
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Don't breastfeed.
LilliesValley
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Others have given good advice except to not bf. Just remember that it won't be like this forever and it's worse now bc of the cold or congestion. If you're bf maybe have your so do a lot more when he's off work too. Pump and he can get up with her. You could also try a bulb syringe (they gave us one at the hospital) to use sparingly (over use can inflame the nasal passages). Humidifier and patience. Six months from now this will be a bad dream.
MMerrill
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Try using saline in her nose, let it sit, then suck it out to try and get anything out.  But don't use the bulb syringe too often or it'll just make it worse.  You can also steam up the bathroom by running a hot shower or go get a humidifier to run at night.  Also try some Matys rub or Vicks rub for babies.  When they can't breath through their nose, they don't know how to do it through their mouth without crying.... the last time my son had a cold/stuff nose, we didn't sleep a wink!!

Momof2-87
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Thanks everyone. We bought a humidifier today so we will see if that will help. I just put those drops in her nose too so we shall see
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)