Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm at my wits end. My 2 month old won't sleep. I put her down when she's sleepy at night to have her wake up less then 20 min later and then won't finally crash until midnight. I just returned to work 2 weeks ago and I'm exhausted. I need her to sleep so I can or I'm going to snap. Any suggestions? Right now she has a stuffy nose so I know that's a lot of the problem.
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Replies (11-18):
Sebbiemama
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Do you have a comfy way for her to sleep at an angle? Swing or bouncy chair or something? It's harder to breathe through a stuffy nose when you are laying flat, so what I've done with my boys when they were tiny and just too uncomfortable to sleep was to lay them on my chest and then lean back on the bed against a huge pile of pillows so we were at about a 30-40 degree angle. Yeah, it's not the best night's sleep but it's better than nothing when they are sick, and I'm right there to help shush them back to sleep when they start to stir. 

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 21, 2013 at 3:36 PM
I hope it helps

Quoting Momof2-87:

Thanks everyone. We bought a humidifier today so we will see if that will help. I just put those drops in her nose too so we shall see
jamiebell
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Has she always been like this? Could be a growth spurt too. Sorry mama that feeling of complete exhaustion is god awful. Hope u get some rest soon.
Momof2-87
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:33 PM
The humidifier is working. Now she just got her shots so she's uncomfortable with that now :( it will be ok soon I know.
alandou
by April on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Hope she is feeling better!

expectantmom81
by Erin on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Get a humidifier and also put a slight incline at the head of the mattress to help with breathing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleM14
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:12 AM

besides for relieving her congestion, i found the baby whisperer book and her general suggested routine very helpful. my baby used to be just like urs until i started following this routine guideline, and now she goes down really nicely at 7:30 till her next feeding. try it!

clairewait
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Healty Sleep Habits, Happy Child.

Miracle book.

Don't buy it, you can find it at the library. I swear this guy has a solution for everything and for us, it took a total of 4 nights.

Claire Wait

My blog: TheUnderToad.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)