Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long after a c-section is it safe ...

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 6:43 AM
  • 13 Replies
... to have a bath? I'm currently at 3 weeks PP and dying for a warm bath but I know that with my D&C I had to wait 2 weeks ... but I do know that was for a completely different reason.
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 6:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamalynnsmith
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 6:46 AM

Ask your doctor. My last c sections was 13 years ago but i think you could take a bath after the incision was healed and stapels/stiches are out

WILDCATGAL78
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I had to wait for at least 6 weeks. But I agree I would check with your doctor.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 6:49 PM
6 weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MMerrill
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 7:06 PM

My doctor told me 6 weeks.  Ask your doctor before you decide to take one.

noonelikeme564
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 7:40 PM

6 weeks. You can shower right after though. I had 3 c-sections.

rjmac88
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:43 PM
In my ddg all the c/s moms were told different things.. Some 6 weeks and some told to soak in. A tub right after the birth so ask you dr
cherylw993
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:49 PM

hmm, I had 2 D&C and I do vaguely remember being told to avoid baths for a certain amount of time. But I do not remember that for my C-Section. Maybe because I did not have stitches, I was glued.

carriemealy35
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:06 PM

I took a bath as soon as the staples were out. So really I didn't have to wait. I was in the hospital for 5 days. I went home and the first thing I did was take a bath. But I would just ask your doctor.

estrella1982
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:53 AM

Well i had 3 C-sections and felt horrible even to shower. I think a bath would have been alot more soothing , instead of sitting in the shower having to squat downn and having unbearable pain. But Yes i have to agree with Mamalynnsmith, after your wound has healed and staples are out ( unless you have those disolvable ones?

Cheyennesmommy4
by Christina on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Quoting mamalynnsmith:

Ask your doctor. My last c sections was 13 years ago but i think you could take a bath after the incision was healed and stapels/stiches are out

^I had a c-section 9 months ago and I could take a bath 7 days after my c-section when my staples/stiches came out. I could only take a shower before that. So if the poster is at 3 weeks pp, she should be fine to take a bath.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)