Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was commended for doing something all parents should do...

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:39 PM
  • 48 Replies

I took DD out of the car and into the gas station to pay for my gas. I never leave her in the car for anything unless someone else is in the car so I can leave it running. 

A man came up and commended me for taking her in. While I'm happy he commended me, I find it sad that he normally sees parents leave their children in the car. 

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Marti123
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:43 PM
3 moms liked this
I just pay at the pump, love technology!
brittybby2010
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:45 PM

No card for me! Just cash lol

Quoting Marti123:

prettymomma1204
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:46 PM
i pay at the pump. if i can't my kids go in with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Velasquez
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:46 PM
I always took my daughter in with me, if I needed to. If my oldest dd was in the car, I'd give her the keys and she'd wait with her sister. I never went inside. I always paid at the pump. She knows how to lock and unlock the car. Thankfully my husband takes care of putting gas in my car. I never get off now, or pump gas.
NewInChrist
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:47 PM
If I don't pay at the pump I take both my kiddos in with me. It kills me to see people leave their kids in the car!
NewInChrist
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this
In California they have cash pay at the pump stations. They need them everywhere!

Quoting Marti123:

calvinsmommy18
by Nicole on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:56 PM
I try to do this when I have the kids so I don't have to take 2 kids inside to pay. If it's just me it's no big deal but I always take the kids inside if I have to pay inside.

Quoting Marti123:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Elizabeth on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:03 PM
I worked at a gas station/convenience store a few years ago, before dd was born and people left their babies and kids in the car ALL THE TIME. They would cut in line or just stand there demanding to be waited on first because their baby or kids were in the car alone. I can't even tell you how many people I kicked out of the store for that. One mom left her kids in the truck with it still running and one of them hopped in the driver seat and drove the truck *through the store*! Scared the crap out of me, glass shattered everywhere!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I pay at the pump.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:47 PM
I've never seen anyone leave their kids in the car.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)