Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was commended for doing something all parents should do...

Posted by   + Show Post

I took DD out of the car and into the gas station to pay for my gas. I never leave her in the car for anything unless someone else is in the car so I can leave it running. 

A man came up and commended me for taking her in. While I'm happy he commended me, I find it sad that he normally sees parents leave their children in the car. 

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Replies (41-48):
Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:28 AM
I always took ds in. My debit card would have a hold on it for 3 days until it cleared the bank if I used it at the pump.
Someone could kidnap him if I left him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RhineAndShine
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:28 AM
I pay at the pump.
Devious333
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:32 AM
I know! I felt awful for those children whose parents just left them :( it was not a vacation for me, there was no way I could go home or go out and do something, knowing my baby was sick. I held her and only put her down when they were doing her checkups. I "slept" in the recliner with her on me. I didn't want her out of my sight or away from me for too long...

Why did the hospital make you leave the nicu?

Quoting Apgsteenmommy:

UGH WTF!  :(((

when my son was in the nicu i was with him until they would make me leave.

Quoting Devious333:

That reminds me of when dd was 3 weeks old and she had RSV. One of the respiratory therapists said "thank you for staying here with your child." I was like what...why wouldn't I be here? And he said that a lot of young parents just leave their sick kids at the hospital for days at a time...I was like wow, I couldn't imagine doing that. Not even when I had ds at 20 would I have ever done that!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apgsteenmommy
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:50 AM

:( how long was she in the hospital? and how old is she now?  awwwhhh that's so sweet. I'm the same way :)

They made me leave the nicu so they could do tests and stuff with him. They made me return to my room and they would check my vitals. I only had to stay there for a week and same with my son in the nicu.  I just can't imagine leaving him there ... :((((((((( Sometimes i feel like people around me don't have the same kind of relationship i have with my son. (unconditional love) . it makes me sad

Quoting Devious333:

I know! I felt awful for those children whose parents just left them :( it was not a vacation for me, there was no way I could go home or go out and do something, knowing my baby was sick. I held her and only put her down when they were doing her checkups. I "slept" in the recliner with her on me. I didn't want her out of my sight or away from me for too long...

Quoting Apgsteenmommy:

Quoting Devious333:

That reminds me of when dd was 3 weeks old and she had RSV. One of the respiratory therapists said "thank you for staying here with your child." I was like what...why wouldn't I be here? And he said that a lot of young parents just leave their sick kids at the hospital for days at a time...I was like wow, I couldn't imagine doing that. Not even when I had ds at 20 would I have ever done that!

Devious333
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 5:52 PM
She was in for 6 days and is now 1 1/2. I left her for a total of an hour during those 6 days. I had dh come sit with her while I ran home to see my other kiddo. The nurses offered to stay with her so I could shower or leave for a little bit and I refused. She was on oxygen and they had kept trying to take her off so I didn't want to risk it.

I couldn't imagine leaving my baby either. How is your ds doing now?

Quoting Apgsteenmommy:

:( how long was she in the hospital? and how old is she now?  awwwhhh that's so sweet. I'm the same way :)

They made me leave the nicu so they could do tests and stuff with him. They made me return to my room and they would check my vitals. I only had to stay there for a week and same with my son in the nicu.  I just can't imagine leaving him there ... :((((((((( Sometimes i feel like people around me don't have the same kind of relationship i have with my son. (unconditional love) . it makes me sad

Quoting Devious333:

Quoting Apgsteenmommy:

Quoting Devious333:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apgsteenmommy
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 6:12 PM

my ds is doing great :) hes very healthy and big. Thats so wonderful and says a lot that you stayed there and didnt even shower :)))))) Is your dds breathing okay now?

Quoting Devious333:

She was in for 6 days and is now 1 1/2. I left her for a total of an hour during those 6 days. I had dh come sit with her while I ran home to see my other kiddo. The nurses offered to stay with her so I could shower or leave for a little bit and I refused. She was on oxygen and they had kept trying to take her off so I didn't want to risk it.

Quoting Apgsteenmommy:

Quoting Devious333:

Quoting Apgsteenmommy:

Quoting Devious333:

noonelikeme564
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 6:39 PM
I pay at pump!
Devious333
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Well I got lucky and had a room with a shower in the bathroom that was connected to the room, so I would have dh come during his lunch hour so I could shower. Idk what I would have done without a shower there lol. My MIL would have had to come and hang out so I could run home and shower. The nurses offered to watch her so I could shower and they were always trying to get me to go walk around and get out of the room lol. I didn't want to though...dd was a tiny, 3 week old baby, I didn't want to leave her.

Her breathing is good. For the first year, when she'd catch a cold, it was a little scary with her coughing but I have a nebulizer and some albuterol. I haven't had to use it for awhile, thankfully.

I'm glad to hear your ds is doing well! :)
Quoting Apgsteenmommy:

my ds is doing great :) hes very healthy and big. Thats so wonderful and says a lot that you stayed there and didnt even shower :)))))) Is your dds breathing okay now?

Quoting Devious333:

Quoting Apgsteenmommy:

Quoting Devious333:

Quoting Apgsteenmommy:

Quoting Devious333:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)