Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies
I have a four and a half month old and am interested in a sling or front carrier of some sort. Not sure which are best for a baby her age. She wants to be held constantly and I cannot get anything done! Any suggestions?
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Replies (21-27):
SlingsAndThings
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Mobile Photo

I would definitely stay away from stretchy wraps like moby. She's likely too heavy or will be soon.

I adore woven wraps. They are the most versatile carrier and have extremely high weight limits. I also love mei tai carriers. For me I have to be able to use it on my back. This is my woven with my then 7 week old
CelestialSong
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I used a Sleepy Wrap and it was awesome! My sister loved her K'Tan, which is kind of like a wrap without the wrapping. I also have an Ergo that I got when mine was about 6 months old and I did not like it nearly as much as I expected, considering how much everyone raves about them. My daughter wasn't a big fan either, I don't think it was as comfortable as the super soft snuggly wrap was.

jridgill
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:33 PM
I used a moby wrap and an ergo sport. Loved them both.
MMerrill
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I have a mei tai and I love it!!

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:05 AM
I like my meitai and my boba
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 6:51 PM

I love that article, I see it all the time but it seems greatly ignored. My biggest advice for babywearers is to make sure your carrier is not causing hip problems from "crotch dangling" carriers (like the popular Baby Bjorn) and to not carry your baby outwards. Many of the really good carriers like Boba won't allow outward facing for that reason.

Quoting Raeann11:

Nine Reasons Not to Carry Your Baby Facing Out  - Here is a great article on baby wearing. I love my homemade Moby wrap the best. I made it out of t-shirt material.

expecting boybaby girlpuppy

brittany208
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:01 PM

i have a boba air i use ALL the time. it folds up into a convenient pouch so i leave it in the car and get it out whenever we go anywhere. its a front carrier for little babies, then switches to a back carrier around 20lbs i think. my 5mo, 17lb baby loves it

oh and also--it was only 55 compared to well over 100 for other carriers, which was a HUGE plus. and it fits up to a pretty good range (forget how high)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)