Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Severe Back Pain

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:43 PM
  • 4 Replies

Have a question for you ladies. My sister-in-law told me that she volunteered to do lice checks at her daughters school yesterday and she did it for six hours straight. She has fibromyalgia and bulging disks in her neck. She said she was sore yesterday but then last night when she woke up in the middle of the night, the pain was excruciating and it hurt every time she turned over. Today, she said she has tried taking ibuprofen, a pain pill, magnesium, using a heating pad, tylenol, and potassium and nothing is helping so far. She said it hurts to move but her doctor is not in on the weekend and she doesn't have insurance so she can't afford to go to the ER. Do you have any suggestions for something that might help?

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
la_bella_vita
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:09 PM
No, I don't. Hearing pads normally do the trick for me
brittybby2010
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Urgent care centers are typically cheaper.

jridgill
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:52 PM
I have a foam roller that helps me a lot when my back hurts me. If she can't afford the real ones then she can try a pool noodle.
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I hope she's better by now! Urgent Care Centers are usually better to go to than the hospital. Taking time to relax and lay down and do mild stretches are important.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)