Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Over obsessive mom

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:54 PM
  • 26 Replies
I have a 2 month old babygirl. She is my first. I am a stay at home mom and take care of all of her feedings and diaper changes through out the day. Even though it gets super demanding and at times challenging I love every second of it even though I complain at times. But I really don't enjoy help. I don't want other people to feed her or change her or bathe her or even hold her sometimes.. I just feel like I am the only one that can do it right. Is this normal?? What can I do to try and refrain from this feeling so I can enjoy the help that I get at times.
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AbbeysMom2013
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Haha did I write this post? My daughter is five months old and she is my first, I am also a sahm. I think it's normal. I'm a little better now, but I don't leave her. She will only let me put her to sleep. I will only let someone else (dad or grandma) feed her one bottle daily, I get at least three. I also feel that my way it the right way. And if someone does change her I usually double check it. And the one time her dad gave her a bath I was sitting right there.
Brosesmom
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:06 AM
Glad to know I'm not weird! It's just so hard for me to leave her side and trust other people with her. Even though I know they will probably have no problems I would just rather do everything because at least I know that I am doing it right, haha.
victoriaherring
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Sometimes you just have to let go, and once you do you may realize you enjoy it more than you expected. I would start out with someone really close, I started with my mom and MIL. I knew they had experience with kids and I could trust them.
mamalynnsmith
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:51 AM

As she gets older it will get easier. I felt the same when my boys where babies . Enjoy this time with her. I have two teen boys and i miss having a baby. I wish we could have more.

kerenya
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:49 AM

It happened to me with my first as well but I found out that if the other person who wishes to be with my baby is not threatening my motherhood and actually respects it ( i.e. passes my baby to me when he is crying), then I trust him more and felt comfortable to let him play and take care of my baby. I think that the hormons are leading you to feel these emtions. Doing a short survey among girlfriends I found that it has something to do with the birth itself (if it was easy or not). In any case it is quite normal and goes away with time but pay attention not to become overprotective when the kid is growing - my sister in law had it the same but when her child grew up she strangled her and yelled at her when ever she moved to the wrong direction. Her child is very frustrated today seeking company of elders who let her be more natural. 

Enjoy every minute of it as it passes quickly

Keren

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:56 AM
She's still a newborn, it's 100% normal to want to do everything, it's instinct, you're bonding. :)
Let everyone else do other things if they want to help you. Tell them to help clean your house, bring some food, go grocery shopping, help with laundry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Totally normal. I do all feedings because I'm nursing. (;
JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
This. I felt that way with all my kids, although I trusted my husband with diaper changes, I usually do everything else for at least the first 6 months and since I nurse, no one else ever feeds her. (Or any of my other babies. :)

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

She's still a newborn, it's 100% normal to want to do everything, it's instinct, you're bonding. :)

Let everyone else do other things if they want to help you. Tell them to help clean your house, bring some food, go grocery shopping, help with laundry.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KatieFlower
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:35 AM
This is my third she's almost 6 months and I am like that too. I like doing everything for her
Tatertot912
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:48 AM
I felt that way too but I had to go back to work when dh lost his job when ds was 4 months old, I kept working part time when dh went back to work but now we share baby duties a little more. I understand feeling how you do and I still don't really let people take him but sometimes an hour or two break is nice!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)