Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Over obsessive mom

Posted by   + Show Post
I have a 2 month old babygirl. She is my first. I am a stay at home mom and take care of all of her feedings and diaper changes through out the day. Even though it gets super demanding and at times challenging I love every second of it even though I complain at times. But I really don't enjoy help. I don't want other people to feed her or change her or bathe her or even hold her sometimes.. I just feel like I am the only one that can do it right. Is this normal?? What can I do to try and refrain from this feeling so I can enjoy the help that I get at times.
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Replies (21-26):
angela.bouchard
by Angela on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:00 AM

This! I find those things more helpful too.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

She's still a newborn, it's 100% normal to want to do everything, it's instinct, you're bonding. :)
Let everyone else do other things if they want to help you. Tell them to help clean your house, bring some food, go grocery shopping, help with laundry.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

“So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.” 

Brosesmom
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Thanks everyone!
Zazayam
by Nicki on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:22 PM

This is me, too. The older she gets the easier it'll be to take a step back and let someone else do a bit of the work, lol.

brittany208
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:11 PM

normal--yes. necessary--no. its silly to think that you are the ONLY person who could possibly take care of a baby right. obviously you are the best, but other people know how to take care of babies too :)

as for tips, i dont know, bc ive always felt fine with anyone taking care of my kiddos. im a little on the under-protective side.

thetardis
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:57 PM

My third child is 3 months and my husband and I do everything. We don't even leave our children until they're about 18 months. I would think not wanting to do things for her would be abnormal. She will only be little for so long, soak up the cuddles!

okpondlady
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Yes it is normal.  Been there, Done that, Got the T-shirt.   I wanted to leave the house when hubby would have a day off and leave LO with him.  So I did, and couldn't stand it.  I tried, I really did.  I couldn't trust him.  I was afraid he would let her roll off the couch/bed.  I was afraid he wouldn't feed her or burp her... something, ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The only one I really felt I could trust was my mom.   She would take her for a week and it would be ok, long as she came back soon!!!   But it took me till she was 5-6 months to let her go with mama even.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)