Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

baby girl diapers.. ahh!

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:27 AM
  • 21 Replies
My daughter is due any day and im freaked. Iv raised boys my whole life! Boys r soo simple n dont have all the creases us gals have..
Do you use powder with girls? Or is it better not to? I worry about it gettin n causeing issues.
In high school i took.care of.my friends baby girl n every time she went baxk to.mom, mom never changed her, i brought the baby e.r. many times for infextions and diaper rashes that were so bad i wanted to cry. It was so long ago i dont remebed what i did with her diapers. I just know that because of her n her so called mom i changed my son almost obssesivly and if i came home from work n he was drenched or had a rash fom anuthing other then a belly ache i fired the babysitter on the spot. No second chances.
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
violetmay
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

My first & only daughter was a girl. The important thing to remember is wipe front to back everytime even if she only pees. I personally perferred powder on her it kept her fresh & dry. I never used ointment except the one time she got a yeast infection which I knew right away to call my doctor & get the perscription not a&d or desitine, not even butt paste worked at all for her. Baby girls get yeast infections very easily. My daughter is one now & she has only had the 1 yeast infection but no diaper rash.

cbear2
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Ok thats my biggest worry.. iv always used powder wit boys unless they had a belly ache n then id use bag balm to protect their lil buts n prevent rash before it began. Goood to know i can do as normal wit her n not have.to panic about the piwder.
The downfalll to growing up in a family of boys lol

Quoting violetmay:

My first & only daughter was a girl. The important thing to remember is wipe front to back everytime even if she only pees. I personally perferred powder on her it kept her fresh & dry. I never used ointment except the one time she got a yeast infection which I knew right away to call my doctor & get the perscription not a&d or desitine, not even butt paste worked at all for her. Baby girls get yeast infections very easily. My daughter is one now & she has only had the 1 yeast infection but no diaper rash.

violetmay
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:52 AM

They ( meaning the internet or doctors  or whoever LOL) do say that powder is bad for a baby's lungs so do be careful when you apply it though! I never worried too much about this saying but I'd feel bad if I didn't tell you everything I heard:)

polkaspots
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:54 AM
I don't use powder at all really. Once in a while when its really humid, but that's it. That is with both genders.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I've never used powder on my girls. :-) 

mylilprincesses
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:51 PM

i have 3 girls.  girls can easily to get yeast infections more than boys. so make sure you wipe her not only for dirty but with wet diapers as well or she can get a UTI or yeast infection easily. keep some destin on hand always.. so when you need it you will have it. i never used powder on my girls.. he really never did anything but soak up the urine. Then made it cake to their bottom. not useful at all.

polkaspots
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:53 PM
I use coconut oil at most diaper changes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:38 PM
My dd will be 2.5 next month and has never had a yeast infection or a uti. So not every girl will get one.
Like some others have said, always wipe from front to back. No need to dig into her vaginal area unless there is poop around the labial lips. Make sure before putting on a clean diaper that her skin is 100% dry.
My dh warned me from when he used to watch his nieces, that they can aim like a boy peeing sometimes, so be aware of that. My dd never did that as a baby, but now that she's potty trained, she pees out the front of the toilet sometimes! lol
Mrs.Velasquez
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:57 PM
This. None of my girls have had yeast infections.

Quoting Junebaby18:

My dd will be 2.5 next month and has never had a yeast infection or a uti. So not every girl will get one.

Like some others have said, always wipe from front to back. No need to dig into her vaginal area unless there is poop around the labial lips. Make sure before putting on a clean diaper that her skin is 100% dry.

My dh warned me from when he used to watch his nieces, that they can aim like a boy peeing sometimes, so be aware of that. My dd never did that as a baby, but now that she's potty trained, she pees out the front of the toilet sometimes! lol
villagemamma
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:59 PM

My first was a girl i never used powered. if she got a rash than i used baby butt paste. It worked really well. Definitely make sure that you use wipes even if shes not poopy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN