Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby girl diapers.. ahh!

Posted by   + Show Post
My daughter is due any day and im freaked. Iv raised boys my whole life! Boys r soo simple n dont have all the creases us gals have..
Do you use powder with girls? Or is it better not to? I worry about it gettin n causeing issues.
In high school i took.care of.my friends baby girl n every time she went baxk to.mom, mom never changed her, i brought the baby e.r. many times for infextions and diaper rashes that were so bad i wanted to cry. It was so long ago i dont remebed what i did with her diapers. I just know that because of her n her so called mom i changed my son almost obssesivly and if i came home from work n he was drenched or had a rash fom anuthing other then a belly ache i fired the babysitter on the spot. No second chances.
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Replies (21-21):
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Yep, I have three girls 12, 4 and 2.5, they've only ever had yeast infections if they were on antibiotics recently, if you do happen to get one make sure you treat for a week past the symptoms going away, my 12 year old had 2 utis in her life, one at 3.5 and one at 11, neither were diaper related in any way.  Powder isn't recommended because it can get in their lungs (same for baby oil) and cause issues.  just wipe from front to back and let them air dry a bit before you put their diaper on (I would use the hair dryer on low after the bath or if I changed diapers in the bathroom)

Quoting Mrs.Velasquez:

This. None of my girls have had yeast infections.

Quoting Junebaby18:

My dd will be 2.5 next month and has never had a yeast infection or a uti. So not every girl will get one.

Like some others have said, always wipe from front to back. No need to dig into her vaginal area unless there is poop around the labial lips. Make sure before putting on a clean diaper that her skin is 100% dry.

My dh warned me from when he used to watch his nieces, that they can aim like a boy peeing sometimes, so be aware of that. My dd never did that as a baby, but now that she's potty trained, she pees out the front of the toilet sometimes! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)