Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

I have a picky eater and I dont know what to do ! PLEASE HELP - ANXIOUS MOM

Posted by   + Show Post

My daughter just turned 1 year old on October 5th but I would say when she was about 10 months that when this problem started. She barely wants to eat anything. She loves grahman crackers, cottage cheese, yogurt and ravoili with meat balls and cooked chicken but half the time I dont know if she is eating enough. Breakfast is sometimes a struggle. I give her baby cereal and strawberry yogurt. She will eat most of it than ill give her a 6 ounce bottle and she doesnt want to drink all of it . Lunch is a power struggle . When I noticed  she was becoming picky with baby food I figured maybe she wants to self feed so I prepared some meals and she ate "some" of it . Im just nervous she isnt get enough nutrients. I dont want feeding time to be a fight. Please any advice will help!!! She likes sweet potatos , and carrots but even that can be a fight. I dont know whats going on! and I know if I have anxiety during feeding she will feel that too. So Ive been trying to make it fun but its not working and I really worried. I know if I talk to my dr she is going to tell me to try new approaches and Im going to but I just need a direction or examples and how do I know if she is eating enough ?

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Replies (11-12):
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's just that age. My daughter went through that phase between that time. I don't really have advice on how to break it, as honestly she immediately stopped being a picky eater when we took her on a Disney cruise and she could pick her food from a buffet. It was all new food so she discovered how fun it was to eat new things and to be open minded. It's been over a year since then and she's now the least pickiest eater ever!

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a normal one yr old to me. If you are still giving some formula that will fill in any nutritional gaps. Have you tried a half a peanut butter jelly sandwich or a grilled cheese for lunch. Those are 2 of my one yr old's favs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)