Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

So Mad At Kids Pediatrician

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:49 PM
  • 262 Replies
5 moms liked this

So I am already in the process of switching pediatricians because of a past issue, but now I know I am making the right decision to get rid of her. So we went to my 9 month olds check up and she was asking us questions about my daughter. She asked was she talking and what words she was saying. After we answered, she looks right at my 3 yr old son and goes, "Wow Javier. Your sister talks more and better then you." WTF is that? My son knows way more then 5 words. Yes, my son has a speech delay, but he has been working his butt off in speech therapy and did not deserve that. She was not laughing when she said it, but even if she was, I do not feel like that is something she should joke about. We already try our best to make both the kids feel equal and after she said that, you could see him give his sister an evil look.

P.S. - I did not personally say anything cuz I walked out cuz I actually had tears in my eyes. I see how hard my son tries 3 times a week in Speech Therapy and his dr hurt my heart when she said that. We have not been going to her long enough for her to feel she can make comments like that or feel like we would be ok with her making a comment like that.. My husband did however address her and the comment.

by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:58 PM
10 moms liked this
She sounds like a jerk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:05 PM
30 moms liked this

wow! Definitely switch. I'd probably even write a letter to the office after the fact letting them know why you switched.

jbyrd898
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this

wow that isnt nice

angela.bouchard
by Angela on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow that was very rude of her. I would be switching doctors too!

Zazayam
by Nicki on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:39 PM
3 moms liked this

Wow! I would've went off.

kgsharber
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:40 PM
2 moms liked this

Forget her. She is an ignorant fool.

jerricalynn
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:47 PM
2 moms liked this

whoa i wouldve hit her!!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow! That was indeed rude

TatyBear
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:16 PM
10 moms liked this
Meh.

I would have laughed and probably would have chimed in my own comment . But I have a sense of humor.

But I'm not you. So if ya don't like her ya don't like her.
natural_s
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:31 PM
16 moms liked this

That was very unprofessional of her. Your son needs his confidence built up not brought down and as a professional she should have known better. Like another poster suggested I would write a letter explaining  why you are switching because she probably does that sort of rude thing all the time.

Sorry your son had to hear that, just keep building up his confidence he will get there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)