Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Friendly Debate: Car Seats

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:24 PM
  • 139 Replies

At what age do you stop rear facing? Do you go by age or weight or both?

Is there a car seat brand you won't use or trust more then others?

Do you skip the infant carrier all together or do you use it?

by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Velasquez
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:02 PM
At the moment we are still rear facing and she is about to be 22 months old. I will like to continue to rear face until she meets both age and weight.

I tend to stick more to the known popular brands, and a lot is based on safety reviews. I prefer evenflo, graco, chicco.

We did infant carrier for both of my girls. It was a gift and it still worked when dd2 was born. Then it expired and we switched to convertible.
Bella_x3
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:07 PM
RF is a must until 3 for us and preferred until 4. All depends on child size.

I hate Baby Trend seats!

I like infant carriers just because of the ease of handling a sleeping baby but I could have done without.
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:09 PM
I like infant carriers for sleeping babies. I loved my baby trend carrier. I love my gracious myride65. We rf at least until 2 or they max out their car seat.
JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:17 PM

I max out the height and or weight, no set age limit.  My 2nd daughter just turned 4 and we just turned her forward facing.

I do not use infant carriers, I find them pointless.  I use a sling for my baby. 

twicethemomjess
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:18 PM

we switched all at one year 

Sondi7
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:20 PM
We are going by both. We plan to RF until at least 2 yrs. we use the infant carrier until they put grow it as then switch to a convertable.
allornone
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Love love love Peg-perego carrier. We will switch to britax once he outgrows his carrier.

i trust these brands because of the safety ratings.

kLynch315
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:35 PM

At what age do you stop rear facing? Do you go by age or weight or both? In the past I did the 1 year thing. Luckily I know more now and baby will be RF until she outgrows the requirements (which is 40 lbs). 

Is there a car seat brand you won't use or trust more then others? I use Graco. I just always have and they've never failed me, so why ruin a good thing?

Do you skip the infant carrier all together or do you use it? I should have!!! I wanted a convertible from the beginning but went and got the travel system. So dumb. My baby only used it for 3 months then we got a convertible. I also babywear so the stroller isn't even used that much. Oh well. 

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:38 PM
We aim for at least 2 years. My kids tend to be pushing 40 pounds by then or we'd likely go longer.

No brands I'm against, I'm not active in the car seat crazy world to know anything like that. We have somehow ended up with all Graco for the kids currently, but it wasn't on purpose.

I like and use the infant seat, although I use a worn baby carrier often as well. To me it's much more convenient to get the baby in the seat inside the house (especially in winter since they can't wear a coat in the car seat) and it's easier to leave them sleeping in the carried seat when running errands. But if the baby is awake, the seat is left in the vehicle and baby goes in a worn carrier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Edenpeden
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:39 PM
What's an infant carrier
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)