Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Does your LO go to your DH easily?

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:53 PM
  • 20 Replies

I've noticed that my LO and a lot of my friends' LOs resist going to their daddys. I think it's because I (and my friends with the same issue) spend the whole day with our LO while our DHs are at work. It makes me feel bad for my DH. 

by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Yeah they're usually fine going to him. Obviously when the baby is really ready to nurse, he only is happy with me, but otherwise he's fine with anyone holding him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LongBeachLiz
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Ds tried that and it really upset dh so I pushed him to hold him more and take care of his needs more and it got a lot better. Ds still favors me but is just as willing to go to daddy.
polkaspots
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Yeah. During the beginning he favored me more for a few reasons. I had boobies and DH was afraid of hurting him. It got a lot easier as time went on because they spent more time together and ds wasn't hungry every hour.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:21 PM

When dd was a baby she was fine with it but ds was a whole different story because he was a huge mamma's boy from birth and he still is.

JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 5:08 PM

All of my kids love their father and have no problems going to him.  He works long hours and deploys but they still have no issues going to him when he's home.

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Katie is obsessed with her daddy now at 2 years old, but before weaning she always wanted me. 

LittleCondon
by Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 5:21 PM

My little guy loves his daddy! He'll go to him just fine, but usually we tag team and he takes care of my 3 yo DD who is a HUGE daddy's girl! I'm sure he'll get more daddy time when I'm not breastfeeding anymore -- seems that's all I do lately!

NoahsMommy10412
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 5:28 PM

My son loves his daddy so he goes to him easily. He mostly wants me though lol

kbutton24
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 5:29 PM
The minute df walks through the door after work dd15 mo runs to him and is always super excited to see him.
Allie_kat1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 5:31 PM
All 3 of mine adore their daddy. He drives truck, so he's gone a lot. The second he walks in the door they all want daddy. When he is home I only exist if one of them wants boob lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN