Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP REASSURE ME! Tell me story of bad falls your baby SURVIVED!

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 6:24 PM
  • 14 Replies

My baby fell from my arms one time cuz I fell asleep sitting up at 2 months. Now she is five and fell off the bed during a diaper change. She fell with her big head first, and it KIND OF turned to the side as the rest of her fell. It was a small drop and she seems fine, had a bad screaming episode but is now seemingly fine. Has a bump from a rattle hitting her early but besides that has ate, is grouchy but moving fine. Please tell me she is okay!!!! :'( I'm shaking I feel sick. So always worried :( 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:48 PM

A rattle hit her? In the head or somewhere else? Did she fall from the changing table today? Just making sure I understand your post : )

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:50 PM
My oldest fell head first about 2 feet onto wood floors at 4 months. He is an extremely bright 6 year old.

Look for symptoms of concussion:

Symptoms in children Head trauma is very common in young children. But concussions can be difficult to recognize in infants and toddlers because they can'treadily communicate how they feel. Nonverbal clues of a concussion may include:

Listlessness, tiring easily

Irritability, crankiness

Change in eating or sleeping patterns

Lack of interest in favorite toys

Loss of balance, unsteady walking

When to see a doctor See a doctor within one to two days if:

You or your child experiences a head injury, even if emergency care isn't required

The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that you callyourchild's doctor for advice if your child receives anything more than a light bump on the head. If your child remains alert, moves normally and responds to you, the injury is probably mild and usually doesn't need further testing. In this case, if your childwants tonap,it's OK toletthem sleep. Ifworrisome signs develop later, seek emergency care.

Seek emergency care for a child who experiences a head injury and:

Vomiting

A headache that gets worse over time

Changes in his or her behavior, including irritability or fussiness

Changes in physical coordination, including stumbling or clumsiness

Confusion or disorientation

Slurred speech or other changes in speech

Vision or eye disturbances, including pupils that are bigger than normal (dilatedpupils) orpupils ofunequal sizes

Changes in breathing pattern

Lasting or recurrent dizziness

Blood or fluid discharge from the nose or ears

Large head bumps or bruises on areas other than the forehead, especially in infants under 12 months of age

Seek emergency care for anyone who experiences a head injury and:

A loss of consciousness lasting more than a minute

Repeated vomiting

Seizures

Obvious difficultywith mentalfunction or physical coordination

Symptoms that worsen over time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JerrysMom2011
by Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:52 PM

my little nathaniel fell out of my arms one night as i was sleeping too..he was just days old....and he had bad screaming fit, but he is fine....my other son fell out of the bed at......5? months old and is fine too....if you feel you need to call the doc then do, but if they are moving fine, and everything else seems to be working fine then i wouldnt worry, but always always JUST in case..call the peds on call or something. listen to your mothers intution. 

ColieO
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Both my kids crawled off the bed around 7-8months old.My daughter had a nice goose egg. Nothing else but that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PooBearr
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:48 AM

I was asking for stories of other babies surviving -.- u don't nd 2 undrstand my post.. r u being sarcasticc????? n e way a rattle fello on her THEN she fell from the BED during a changing. we dont have a changing table... yes its been  a long day...

Quoting la_bella_vita:

A rattle hit her? In the head or somewhere else? Did she fall from the changing table today? Just making sure I understand your post : )

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:02 AM

You said reassure you. I wasn't sure if you were worried or if these stories had already happened in the past.

Quoting PooBearr:

I was asking for stories of other babies surviving -.- u don't nd 2 undrstand my post.. r u being sarcasticc????? n e way a rattle fello on her THEN she fell from the BED during a changing. we dont have a changing table... yes its been  a long day...

Quoting la_bella_vita:

babie113
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:14 AM
when ds was 11m I took him to the dr for croup and in the waiting room after we finished I sat him on the chair I was sat on and stud infornt of to put my baby carrier harness thing on sd who insisted she carry him home .and he stud up and fell through my legs to a tile floor hit his head so hard .he got checked out and was fine but il never forget it I was terrified .and it wouldn't of happened if my sd wasn't insisting on herself carrying him because she loved the attention. I wish I just told her no .but she was a teen and I wanted to keep the drama down .by entertaining her bullshit I put her attention seeking before my childs wellbeing and I haven't forgiven myself for that yet .
PooBearr
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Awe:* Yeah I still haven't forgiven myself for when baby was about 1 or 2 months and mom WARNED me a THOUSAND times not to sleep on the couch with her because I would drop her, but I was comfy and watching TV while she was at work. NExt thing I knew I woke up and baby was on the ground face down fussing and trying to pick her head up. I cried sooooo hard. Still feel freaking HORRIBLE like the WORST MOM EVER!!! :/ But the fact that he was okay should make you feel better :) When I see her smile and realize she isn't mad and probably will never even know (I'll tell her one dday lol) makes me feel a lil better xD hahai These darn teenS :/ sorry for the fall glad he was okay! good thing u were already @ dr. 

Quoting babie113:

when ds was 11m I took him to the dr for croup and in the waiting room after we finished I sat him on the chair I was sat on and stud infornt of to put my baby carrier harness thing on sd who insisted she carry him home .and he stud up and fell through my legs to a tile floor hit his head so hard .he got checked out and was fine but il never forget it I was terrified .and it wouldn't of happened if my sd wasn't insisting on herself carrying him because she loved the attention. I wish I just told her no .but she was a teen and I wanted to keep the drama down .by entertaining her bullshit I put her attention seeking before my childs wellbeing and I haven't forgiven myself for that yet .

rfhsure
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Hendrix rolled right of my bed as I was sitting up to feed him. It was probably a little over two feet, and he bonked his poor little head on his car seat on the way down. He was absolutely hysterical. I just held him for a couple minutes and he calmed down and was just fine. I cried about it for hours though.
PooBearr
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Hahah the first time she fell I RAN like the two blocks to the doctors and rushed her in, and they were holding back laughter because I threw up I was so sick and scared, shaking, breathing like ahorse... and there she was smiling all big and trying to take the dr.'s ear things!!! LOL I was like "but but her heads tilted and she's so quiet shes never quiet!" turns out they were right, she was fine xD And after last night she seems okay also. Haha abut I ALMOST threw up again it makes me so sick and scared. UGH. I still feel terrible about it :/ She screamed really loud like three times then was done as soon as she saw the boob :P (breastfed).

Quoting rfhsure:

Hendrix rolled right of my bed as I was sitting up to feed him. It was probably a little over two feet, and he bonked his poor little head on his car seat on the way down. He was absolutely hysterical. I just held him for a couple minutes and he calmed down and was just fine. I cried about it for hours though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)