Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Average wait time at Dr.

Posted by   + Show Post
On average how long do you have to wait when you take your kids to the pediatricians office?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Replies (61-65):
risaspieces
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Texas, right on the Mexican border. Most people here have their kids on Medicaid so the doctors can't drop them and people know it so they'll come late to their appointments and that backs everything up.

Quoting rwebb11:

Where do you live?

Quoting risaspieces:

60-90 minutes. Fastest place I've been seen here, freaking hate it.

MyWorld2011
by New Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Hi rwebb11!

I am sorry to read that you had to wait so redicously long! The longest that on average  to wait was 3 minutes. There was only once when they were short staffed I had to wait for an hour.

If this a re-occuring issue, I'd reccommend in finding a new clinic to take them to.

rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 1:08 AM
I live in Texas too, but the Fort Worth area. When I read that it sounded so similar to me I wondered if it was a geographical thing.

Quoting risaspieces:

Texas, right on the Mexican border. Most people here have their kids on Medicaid so the doctors can't drop them and people know it so they'll come late to their appointments and that backs everything up.

Quoting rwebb11:

Where do you live?

Quoting risaspieces:

60-90 minutes. Fastest place I've been seen here, freaking hate it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smgremminger
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:37 AM
10min or less
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:43 AM

At my old one, it was anywhere from 15-25 minutes usually. At our new one, it's usually within five minutes, but my daughter hates that they take us back so quickly as they have a big slide in the waiting room. She could play in there all day!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)