Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Average wait time at Dr.

Posted by   + Show Post
On average how long do you have to wait when you take your kids to the pediatricians office?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Replies (11-20):
alandou
by April on Nov. 5, 2013 at 9:27 PM

about 10 minutes in the reception area and about 10 in the room.

Mrs.Velasquez
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 9:58 PM
5-10 min. There are different pediatricians so if mine is behind then we might wait 30 min. But I don't like the other doctors.
shoot4thestars
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Maybe 20 minutes at the longest.  The last time I went last week, I was in and out within 10 minutes without an appointment. 

calvinsmommy18
by Nicole on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Depends on the dr. Calvins dr is usually less than 20 min wait. Kelsey`s dr is longer. Usually at least 30 mins each time.....yes my kids have different drs. I like both drs and feel like their drs have been great in long term health planning. Example. Calvins dr has been great with controlling his asthma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liss05
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:30 AM

1/2 hour

abra
by Abra on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

30 minutes, but we also drive 40 minutes to get to his office -- but that is a  small price to pay for having a doctor we trust :-)

stacy2607
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:59 PM
10-15min
WILDCATGAL78
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I would say 10 mins or less. Including the the 2 times that weren't well baby checks.

TatyBear
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:00 PM
I just walk right in. Only once I had to wait roughly 3 minutes. He books everyone 45 minutes apart.
PooBearr
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Depends on the day, popularity, number of patients he has, reason there, etc. If it's a routine check-up thing or shots? I can be in there for anywhere from 2-3 hours. If I called because my baby hit her head (I still can't get over that. LOL my poor thing) then I love them because they let me bring her RIGHT in and get me in within half an hour and out within the next half hour :). But my baby's pediatrician is very well known and liked/trusted, so he has a LOT of patients and on Monday's we can be there until close (4pm) no matter WHEN we got there!!!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)