Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

DD SCREAMED when my sister changed her!

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:01 AM
  • 4 Replies

My sister was holding my DD, and she was perfectly happy. Then she managed to knock a soda over where she was sitting with my sister and got it on her clothes. I jokingly told my sister "Nope! You didn't move your soda far enough so you change her!"

I gave her the clothes, and she laid DD down. Once she unbuttoned the first button of her pjs, dd let out a terrified scream. She didn't stop until my sister had changed her, even though I sat right next to her. It was a super quick change, then I grabbed her. She was very upset, but calmed down right away in my arms.

My sister has NEVER hurt dd. She's an amazing aunt and loves dd. Dd does, however, go to a sitters some days during the week. Does it sound like maybe something happened at the sitters? Dd went from smiling when she saw her sitter to just a blank stare. The cries have come back as well when I leave. 

by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Yeah, I'd be concerned.  I'd find a new sitter.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I would be concerned as well.

irishmama1007
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I would ask the sitter about anything that might have happened. Despite her answer I would find a new sitter as well because obviously something has happened (accident or not) and she didn't tell you.

stacy2607
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Yes, i would be concerned.. i would not send your DD back there until you have pretty much interrogated the sittter.. you can never be too careful when it comes to your baby!! If your sitter becomes irritated or offended that you ask her questions, thats a red flag.. she should understand that you have concerns and want to make sure your baby is safe.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)