Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

QUICK HELP! BABY SUDDENLY STOP SLEEPING!

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:57 AM
  • 6 Replies

So, I co-sleep with my 5-month-old, almost 6 months. She always wakes every 2-3 hours for a nursing session, even if it's just comfort suckling to help her transition back to sleep. Well, within the last two nights, SHE HAS STOPPED SLEEPING! One night, she was tossing and turning. She kept stretching and yawning and falling asleep, then five minutes later frantically turning her head back and forth really fast, then crying, then falling back asleep. A few minutes later she repeats, then turns over, fusses, and falls asleep. That day at daycare she took two ten minute naps. Again, same thing last night. But then today she would catnap for ten minutes. She only slept a total of a half hour ALL TOGETHER. Then, I thought she'd sleep great since she's barely slept. 8-12 without waking even once, but after midnight she was tossing and turning and all that again. So by 3:30am I couldn't take it. I came downstairs to scour the internet for any information or help. Nothing turned up besides sleep regression, etc. but she's NEVER slept through the night more than 4 hours. She has a schedule, 1 or 2am, then 4am, sometimes 5am too or 6am. But I didn't mind that because she would get on the breast and go right back off into sleepland. We were both well rested. But suddenly she has NOT BEEN SLEEPING. No changes in anything, diet, schedule, etc. SO WHY THE HELL WON'T SHE SLEEP?! She's grouchy and loud, but seems to be having fun right now. WTF? PLEASE HELP:( What do I do? (PS Stopping Co-sleep or trying CIO are both methods I refuse to use so please do not mention either). THANKS! 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
littlemonaghan
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:19 AM
Growth spurt, teeth erupting, or a new milestone approaching. All of those could change her sleep patterns.

My dd went through something very similar around 7.5 months, it lasted almost a week and then suddenly she had herself a new routine. I just went with the flow...much like a zombie...but I just went with it lol
PooBearr
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:53 AM

oh boy:/ if I didn't have school like 8-3 I wouldn't mind:( thanks! Gonna be a long hard road lol..

Quoting littlemonaghan:

Growth spurt, teeth erupting, or a new milestone approaching. All of those could change her sleep patterns.

My dd went through something very similar around 7.5 months, it lasted almost a week and then suddenly she had herself a new routine. I just went with the flow...much like a zombie...but I just went with it lol

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
notomatoes
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 6:14 AM

my daughter did that, what i would do when she got restless like that is to stop and offer her something to eat, she is probably hungry and in the middle of a growth spurt !

nicole2884
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Agreed sounds like teething or growth spurt

Quoting littlemonaghan:

Zazayam
by Nicki on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Agree, sounds like teething and/or growth spurt. It'll pass pretty quickly, just be a rough couple of days :)

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I also agree with teething or growth spurts. My son had a 4 week phase around that age where he slept awful. When it was over, he started sleeping great.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)