Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Eczema

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:59 AM
  • 24 Replies
What do you use for it? My daughter has it, my Dr recommended petroleum jelly. Do you do anything else besides lotions to help it?
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sebbiemama
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Hydration is really key. Both my boys have/had it and I slather them with Aquaphore at night and then put on their PJ's to let it soak in. It's powerful stuff, but it's also super greasy so best for night-time marinating. During the day, I like Aveeno's Eczema Therapy cream (has colloidal oatmeal) since it soaks in well. Oh and stay away from anything with fragrances -this can irritate their skin. 

If the eczema doesn't calm down after 4-5 days (my estimate) of heavy moisturizing, talk to the pediatrician about other options.

Zazayam
by Nicki on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Breast milk, if you're nursing. I hear coconut oil is good, too.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I use coconuto il or aquaphor.

tekcrkark
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Thank you ladies :)
lillucky8
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:05 AM
We use cetaphil moisturizing cream in the big tub, not the squirt bottle. My dermatologist said anything in a squirt bottle isnt thick enough. I also limit ds dairy intake bc that seems to make it worse
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenalex04
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I use the aveeno moisturizing cream. Don't use lotion ever, it's too watery. Make sure whatever you use that it says cream or ointment so that it's thick enough to protect the skin.
AliceNonsense
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Several different RX topicals and an oral for itching. Other than that, Aquaphor and Cetaphil or CeraVe.
alandou
by April on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:15 PM
This

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I use coconuto il or aquaphor.

hot_momma633
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Averno baby eczema therapy lotion is what I use. it's the only thing that works for us.
WILDCATGAL78
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:31 PM

My daughter has it. It's just now gotten pretty bad where it's breaking her skin and causing rashes and hive like bumps. I recently had to take her to the doctor and I use some prescription cortisone cream for those outbreaks. Other than that, I give her a bath using Aquaphor soap every other night and grease her up with coconut oil (love the stuff!). On days when she doesn't have a bath I use the Aveeno lotion for either eczema or moisture relief.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)