Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you use for it? My daughter has it, my Dr recommended petroleum jelly. Do you do anything else besides lotions to help it?
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Replies (21-24):
mylilprincesses
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 4:42 PM

i use coconut oil on my girls ezcema. they mostly get their's on their bottom.

YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Have you figured out why she has it? Most of the time it is because of an allergy to something. A friend of mine just found out her daughter is allergic to wheat, egg whites, and dairy and that is what was causing her eczema.
preacherskid
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:17 PM

We just saw an allergist/immunologist about ODD's allergy eczema.  He prescribed mometasone (brand name Elocon I think) for bad flares, and we now use Dove Sensitive Skin bar soap (he told us the liquid soaps use alcohol to make them liquid which can be drying on sensitive skin) and she should bathe every day (apparently children can grow staph on their skin which causes eczema flares) and then when she is flaring slather her down with vaseline before bed.  We use hypoallergenic laundry soap called Ecos that we get at Walmart, and she takes allergy medicine every day.

TatyBear
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:21 PM
My kids were all prescribed lotions for theirs. Protozoan. I think what it was called. Spelling may be off too. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)