Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Baby's first Christmas!

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:34 PM
  • 13 Replies
Will this be your baby's first Christmas? Do you have anything special planned?
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by Abra on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:37 PM
It will be Liams third Christmas! Where does the time go?!? We usually have a lot of fun times with friends and family at Christmas. Lots of feasts and parties and carolling! How about you all?
angela.bouchard
by Angela on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:55 PM

This will be Brandon's fourth Christmas. We're always super busy around the holidays since we have so many families to see. My kids have four sets of grandparents so we have several houses to go to during the week of Christmas. >.<

Quoting abra:

It will be Liams third Christmas! Where does the time go?!? We usually have a lot of fun times with friends and family at Christmas. Lots of feasts and parties and carolling! How about you all?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

“So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.” 

JerrysMom2011
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:58 PM

This will technically be Jerrys 3rd christmas (he is two) and nathaniels first! We have our annual christmas eve party that my husband family puts together and its always huge. We have a santa, huge christmas tree full of gifts for all the kids contributed by all the adults. The older kids always go down to the basement and converse etc, kids run around, adults stay upstairs, catch up pass around babies etc. 

angela.bouchard
by Angela on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Sounds like fun!

Quoting JerrysMom2011:

This will technically be Jerrys 3rd christmas (he is two) and nathaniels first! We have our annual christmas eve party that my husband family puts together and its always huge. We have a santa, huge christmas tree full of gifts for all the kids contributed by all the adults. The older kids always go down to the basement and converse etc, kids run around, adults stay upstairs, catch up pass around babies etc. 

“So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.” 

WILDCATGAL78
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:06 PM

This will be my baby's first Christmas. We are planning to travel several states and hours away to be with in laws for the holiday. My mom will have her turn at Thanksgiving and my father lives close (about 2 hrs away) so he generally visits every other weekend. My father in law - not sure when he'll meet the baby. Unfortunately both of our parents are divorced so sometimes it's difficult getting everyone in because we're all spread out.

JerrysMom2011
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:07 PM

It always is! This is also where my hubby prooosed to me! My first family gathering! There is usually about 50 people there, not including the kids! and i didnt even hardly know anyone. 

Quoting angela.bouchard:

Sounds like fun!

Quoting JerrysMom2011:

angela.bouchard
by Angela on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:13 PM

I know the feeling. Both of our parents are divorced and remarried as well so we have a lot of houses to hit. We're doing the same thing this year and visiting one during thanksgiving, and 2 others during Christmas. Where are you traveling to?

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

This will be my baby's first Christmas. We are planning to travel several states and hours away to be with in laws for the holiday. My mom will have her turn at Thanksgiving and my father lives close (about 2 hrs away) so he generally visits every other weekend. My father in law - not sure when he'll meet the baby. Unfortunately both of our parents are divorced so sometimes it's difficult getting everyone in because we're all spread out.

angela.bouchard
by Angela on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:14 PM

We attend a get together like that with my MIL's family. She has 8 siblings, they all have about 4-5 kids and all of those kids now have kids lol so they rent out a church and there is always a TON of people. It's fun but it can be weird at the same time since everyone know's each other and we don't. 

Quoting JerrysMom2011:

It always is! This is also where my hubby prooosed to me! My first family gathering! There is usually about 50 people there, not including the kids! and i didnt even hardly know anyone. 

Quoting angela.bouchard:

Sounds like fun!

Quoting JerrysMom2011:

WILDCATGAL78
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:15 PM

We live in Kansas. For Thanksgiving we are traveling to Mississippi and Alabama for Christmas. Hubby's dad lives in Virginia but he hasn't met baby yet.

Quoting angela.bouchard:

I know the feeling. Both of our parents are divorced and remarried as well so we have a lot of houses to hit. We're doing the same thing this year and visiting one during thanksgiving, and 2 others during Christmas. Where are you traveling to?

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

angela.bouchard
by Angela on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Are you nervous about traveling with your baby? How old will they be?

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

We live in Kansas. For Thanksgiving we are traveling to Mississippi and Alabama for Christmas. Hubby's dad lives in Virginia but he hasn't met baby yet.

Quoting angela.bouchard:

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)