Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How Do You Do Nightly Diaper Changes

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 4:46 AM
  • 58 Replies
How do you other moms work this? I used to change my lo when he woke up in the night right before nursing him. Now he is beginning to sleep for longer stretches and it is much harder to get him back to sleep if I change him before nursing and he is often quite inconsolable during that change and until I finally feed him. I see that diaper commercial, 3am with a regular diaper and the baby is crying, then 3am with the other diaper and baby is sleeping. This is my first, do you really leave the diaper alone if baby isn't bothered by it?
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 4:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gee18
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 4:49 AM
I do, I'm a ftm too but If its soaked I change her but try to be very gentle on not trying to wake her up, but if its okay I leave her alone, she gets very grummpy when she's woken up
littlemonaghan
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 5:10 AM
For me it depended on DD. if she was already fully awake is change her, if she was still half asleep I'd just nurse her and put her back down. But that once once she started sleeping longer stretches. When she was a newborn I changed her just about every time we got up.
Now poops are a different story. If I catch a poopy diaper I always change it, no matter how sleepy she is.
She's 2.5 now and tends to poop in her sleep, I sometimes wish she still woke in the night so I knew when she needed a change.
Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 6:15 AM
My husband changes him every time he wakes. I nurse him and he will go
Back to sleep.
nicole2884
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 7:32 AM
I usually only change her if its soaked
She's up at 2 & 4 so she usually only needs to be charged at 4
I'm fast and to the point because sometimes she thinks its play time so I don't look her in the eye
stacy2607
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I never woke any of my childen to change them unless they were soaked or pooped.
JWibb
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 8:28 AM

I don't change my son unless he has pooped. I use the stay dry diapers at night and they work!! At least for me. They are soaked in the morning when he wakes up but he is dry.

zannahdeux
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Don't change it unless there is poop or diaper rash then it is important to change. If your Lo is prone to diaper rash and that is your worry then pretreat with low dose diaper cream or better yet Vaseline to protect the skin

Edenpeden
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 8:51 AM
I always change if hes wet or poopy at all and then I nurse him. I realized recently some parents dont, and I find that appealing but I feel too guilty leaving him in a dirty diaper. Hes a poopy kid too and will go after I've changed him once already and is almost asleep again. Those diaper changes I know he will be awake for a while after.
Raeann11
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I always changed if they needed it and then breastfeed them. When they were newborns it was every time. Then as they go older it got less and less. Since they started to sleep longer in between.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I change them whenever they need to be changed. None of my kid's wake up in the middle of the night anymore. I change right before bed and as soon as they wake up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)