Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Was your birth experience what you wanted?

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:56 PM
  • 76 Replies

Do you wish anything would have gone differently? If you could go back and change anything, would you?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

“So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.” 

by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angela.bouchard
by Angela on Nov. 9, 2013 at 12:24 AM

For me personally, I would have loved to deliver vaginally and to have seen my son immediately after birth. I had pre-eclampsia so I couldn't have really changed my birth experience if I wanted to. I'm hoping for a better experience this time.

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 12:29 AM

For the most part they all went smoothly. They were all great because of no complications, no meds, no ivs, etc. My first I would go back and get some sleep-lol! I would have loved an actual real room for labor and delivery but it wasn't a big deal to me. My second I wouldn't leave for the hospital. Lol! She was born in the car with just myself and my husband and I loved that experience! But I wouldn't have minded not being in a car. :-) With my 3rd I wouldn't change anything. I wanted a home birth but they aren't allowed here on-base so even an accidental home birth might get my husband in trouble. Despite the back labor and a couple anoying nurses it was a great birth. :-) He was born 10 minutes after arriving which was what I wanted so I could avoid dealing with ivs and interventions. And my oldest dd was there too which she wanted and is so proud of. :-) He did swallow too much fkuid and had some trouble breathing at first but there's no way of changing that. :-)

lenashark
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 12:31 AM

With my son, no way, it was a nightmare. After hours of horrible pain, he was stuck in the birth canal and they had to break his clavicle and dislocate his shoulder to get him out, then I bled out. My daughter's birth was a breeze.

Dee0886
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I wish I had no pain and didn't feel like I was pushing myself inside out...that wwoula been lovely.
Other then that, yeah it wasn't bad.
md517
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 12:35 AM
My only wish is that my daughter would've gone to term. She was almost 4 weeks early, thankfully she was healthy and we took her home the following day but I wish I could've had her in my tummy longer. I miss feeling her little kicks, tumbles and hiccups.
I had a great labor and delivery. Can't complain at all.
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, overall. I've had 4 natural, vaginal births. 3 of them with an incredibly positive, supportive hospital experience.
The first one the nurses tried to shame me into an epidural and I was left to figure out breastfeeding completely on my own, so that's why I say 3/4 :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ptitchou
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Not at all.
Heyykaye
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Yes. I wish I was able to get an epidural. My white blood count was too high to recieve one. The anesthesiologist told me I was the first patient she ever had to turn down. The pain I felt during labor was nothing I could have imagined. Now that I have my baby boy i would do it all over again for him.
baquick
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 12:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Yup. I got a healthy baby boy. I frankly didn't care much how he got here as long as he did.
angela.bouchard
by Angela on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Where did you deliver your first at? It sounds like your deliveries were all very quick!

Quoting GodsAmiga:

For the most part they all went smoothly. They were all great because of no complications, no meds, no ivs, etc. My first I would go back and get some sleep-lol! I would have loved an actual real room for labor and delivery but it wasn't a big deal to me. My second I wouldn't leave for the hospital. Lol! She was born in the car with just myself and my husband and I loved that experience! But I wouldn't have minded not being in a car. :-) With my 3rd I wouldn't change anything. I wanted a home birth but they aren't allowed here on-base so even an accidental home birth might get my husband in trouble. Despite the back labor and a couple anoying nurses it was a great birth. :-) He was born 10 minutes after arriving which was what I wanted so I could avoid dealing with ivs and interventions. And my oldest dd was there too which she wanted and is so proud of. :-) He did swallow too much fkuid and had some trouble breathing at first but there's no way of changing that. :-)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

“So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.” 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)