Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

HELP! Question about lactating..

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:57 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am currently 7 weeks pregnant, I also have an 11month old who stopped breastfeeding at 2months. Lately my boobs have been hurting so bad it made me wonder if maybe I will start lactating sooner? Is it possible that my milk would come back while I'm pregnant? I feel like they're already getting really full! 

by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
PooBearr
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 2:50 PM

I think all that matters is that baby and that pregnancy. Not sure if nursing before or how long ago makes a difference. You might start sooner and might not. When I first breastfed baby it creeped me out (not breastfeeding but the colostrum, clear crap dripping out of myboobs!) and when I saw the first drop of milk I was estatic, almost cried:) Loving breastfeeding. Would be awesome if you could start pumping now so have plenty of milk? :) Wish I'd thought of it.. lol goo dluck

CafeMom Tickers
jjchick75
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Well it can take years to completely dry up. But what milk you have left will turn to colostrum. It's the separation of the placenta from the uterus that signals milk production. For some people it comes in faster after the 2nd and any other births and sometimes slower. But while pregnant what you have is colostrum. What you are feeling is probably more like inflammation and swelling right now.

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Breast pain is normal.

A lot of women don't leak at all during pregnancy, and you don't start producing actual milk until about 48-72 hours AFTER your baby is born. Some women take even longer.
You will have colostrum, but it's hard to see.

I have 4 babies, and breastfed until I was about 7 months pregnant during 3 of my pregnancies. I had the same tenderness at about 9 weeks with all 4 of my pregnancies, whether I was still breastfeeding or not.

abra
by Abra on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:13 PM
It is possible, but nothing to worry about. :-)
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:26 PM

It's probly your body getting ready. I felt like that too in the begining of my pregnancy. Join the breastfeeding group here, they are great. I wouldn't suggest pumping now because the nipple stimulation can send you into early labor.

Johlsh
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:32 AM
I stopped nursing ds at 22 months, because my milk dried up. At that point I was four months pregnant, now at 25 weeks pregnant my milk is starting to come in a little bit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)