Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

infant protest hour... ugg!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:57 PM
  • 7 Replies
Anyone else have/had infants that protested sleep durin certain time frames? My daughter is 5 days old and every night starting between 10pm and 1130pm she gets into this what i call a protest.. she cries if i put her down, sleep when i hold her, nurses for a moment before sleepin, n cries yet again if i try to put her down. And this cycle lasts 1-3hours before she finally decides to sleep.for a couple hours. Iv.tried the swing, carseat, changing positions, nookies, n nothing seems.to work.
The only thing i can think of is when ii was preg i went to bed about that time every night n she always.would be wiggling then, n id rub my belly for a lil bit before.fallin asleep.. sounds crazy to say maybe shes on that schedule n expects that extra comfort...
Either way shes a lil doll n such an easy baby besides her protest hour(s)
Any suggestions??
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Yep. All my kids did this. It was just their time to be fussy.
JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:08 AM
It's normal, and if she cries when you put her down don't put her down.
polkaspots
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 1:13 AM
I don't think I ever knew the time of day when I had babies that small. I never really put them down unless I was doing something though, so idk what to say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cbear2
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:04 AM
After 4hours last night of trying to put her to bed, attempting laundry, hopeing for sleep, she decided she would sleep.
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:53 AM

All my kids would go through fuss periods in the evenings when they were babies.  I would just nurse them and that always helped.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:37 AM

I don't remember going through that. Mostly, whenever she fussed I'd just nurse her and the problem was solved.

katherine.0706
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 1:47 PM
I would lay down in bed and nurse my son until he fell asleep. Then i would sleep. Cosleeping is the only advice i can give. Or if you aren't ready for bed try wearing him. Using the moby was the only way i could get things done.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)