Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Cold weather and bugs?

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:32 AM
  • 16 Replies
My baby keeps waking up with what look like fire ant bites. Red bumps with a white head. I woke up with one the other day and now every morning I have what feels like mosquito bites everywhere. He has them mostly on his tummy. Could these be spiders or bed bugs? Idk what to do!
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Red bumps with white heads could be yeast. 

katherine.0706
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:59 PM
I had a neighbor that had bed bugs and that's what it sounds like. Check your couches and in the mattress seams to see. You can Google what they look like and how to check for them.
My neighbor had to get rid of everything, even carpet, and they use air mattresses now. Bed bug bites are itchy like mosquito bites they said.
JaimieSchuss
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 5:32 PM
I don't think it's bed bugs I have maybe bites total over five days. My son has five all on his belly and got them a few at a time.

Quoting katherine.0706:

I had a neighbor that had bed bugs and that's what it sounds like. Check your couches and in the mattress seams to see. You can Google what they look like and how to check for them.

My neighbor had to get rid of everything, even carpet, and they use air mattresses now. Bed bug bites are itchy like mosquito bites they said.

JaimieSchuss
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Both of us having it would be a strange coincidence. I don't breast feed him.

Quoting Turtledoves:

katherine.0706
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Your post mentioned you wake up with them every day. Bed bugs will feed in one spot (baby's belly) or multiple ones may have bitten you in several spots (all over). They detect slowed breathing meaning that the host is asleep and vulnerable. If you see black dirt like substances in your mattress seams or on your box spring, that's what it it's. Just trying to help! (:
Also dd brought cookies to her room one day and i found ants in her bed. Hopefully you get it figured out! Good luck!

Quoting JaimieSchuss:

I don't think it's bed bugs I have maybe bites total over five days. My son has five all on his belly and got them a few at a time.

Quoting katherine.0706:

JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:51 PM

I'm not sure what breastfeeding has to do with it, he could have a yeast infection in his diaper that's spreading.  That could spread to you too.

Although really, it just sounds like an irritation of some kind to me. 

Quoting JaimieSchuss:

Quoting Turtledoves:

~Crystal~

Homeschooling Mama to James, Jade, Steven, Willow and Katara
Wifey to Michael since 3-30-05

JaimieSchuss
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:11 PM
I had no idea yeast infections could spread like that. Scary!

Quoting JadeTigr7:

I'm not sure what breastfeeding has to do with it, he could have a yeast infection in his diaper that's spreading.  That could spread to you too.

Although really, it just sounds like an irritation of some kind to me. 

Quoting JaimieSchuss:

Quoting Turtledoves:

JaimieSchuss
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Hmm. I looked up bed bugs and these bites look nothing like the pictures I saw online. I did see a flea in the house the other day... Idk about ants though I absolutely do not eat in my room and my son is only 8 months old. It's just confusing because it seems to be sleep related because more show up every time either of us wakes from bed or a nap. I've cleaned our sheets, his changing pad cover and everything I can think of.

Quoting katherine.0706:

Your post mentioned you wake up with them every day. Bed bugs will feed in one spot (baby's belly) or multiple ones may have bitten you in several spots (all over). They detect slowed breathing meaning that the host is asleep and vulnerable. If you see black dirt like substances in your mattress seams or on your box spring, that's what it it's. Just trying to help! (:

Also dd brought cookies to her room one day and i found ants in her bed. Hopefully you get it figured out! Good luck!

Quoting JaimieSchuss:

Quoting katherine.0706:

katherine.0706
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:23 PM
They have a powder you can sprinkle in the carpet then vacuum up for fleas. That's probably what it is. No worries though they are easy to treat!

Quoting JaimieSchuss:

Hmm. I looked up bed bugs and these bites look nothing like the pictures I saw online. I did see a flea in the house the other day... Idk about ants though I absolutely do not eat in my room and my son is only 8 months old. It's just confusing because it seems to be sleep related because more show up every time either of us wakes from bed or a nap. I've cleaned our sheets, his changing pad cover and everything I can think of.

Quoting katherine.0706:

Quoting JaimieSchuss:

Quoting katherine.0706:

JaimieSchuss
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:53 PM
I hope that's all it is! I didn't think flea bites would have white heads though. He is scratching his bites though too so I gotta figure this out fast.

Quoting katherine.0706:

They have a powder you can sprinkle in the carpet then vacuum up for fleas. That's probably what it is. No worries though they are easy to treat!

Quoting JaimieSchuss:

Quoting katherine.0706:

Quoting JaimieSchuss:

Quoting katherine.0706:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)