Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

When did you first take you baby out?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 2:34 PM
  • 71 Replies

I've been waiting to take my baby out until he gets his two month shots. He's gonna be two months soon but niw I'm worried about taking him out because it's flu season. When did you take your baby out?

by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Edenpeden
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 2:40 PM
I took mine for a walk outside around four wks.. To a restaurant that had outside seating at 6wks. It was summer obviously. Its much harder in the winter :( as long as its not a busy place and you practice safe hand washing you should be ok!
graycalico
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Within a few days. I just don't let people touch or get too close.
japanmommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 2:42 PM
My first was three weeks to the grocery store, my second was five days to pikes place lol. Carry him in a moby or sleepy wrap, keeps them warm and protected and people don't try and touch them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 2:47 PM
I stay home the first week or so due to the heavy bleeding, but we had people over and DH took the baby out before I did. And mine were born in December and February. My first came home on Christmas Eve and we had people over the next day.
This one due next month will be taken out the first school day after I get home from the hospital so I can walk my oldest to and from. I'm not looking forward to that. Baby will be in my wrap, ds will be in the stroller and my almost four year old will walk. Hopefully by the summer ds will walk nicely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessicamarquez
by Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 2:48 PM
We moved to Texas the day after I was released I didn't see the big,deal the worst she's had is a cold and teething lol I wasn't aware we had to keep babies in.
isaiahsmomSATX
by Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 2:51 PM
About a week with my last baby but I had him in our moby or ergo.
WILDCATGAL78
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I took her on walks starting around 4 weeks. The first place she went to was Target at 6 weeks.

noahsmommy919
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Quoting japanmommy:

My first was three weeks to the grocery store, my second was five days to pikes place lol. Carry him in a moby or sleepy wrap, keeps them warm and protected and people don't try and touch them

That's a good idea. I'm nursing so I need to keep him close

noahsmommy919
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Quoting Jessicamarquez:

We moved to Texas the day after I was released I didn't see the big,deal the worst she's had is a cold and teething lol I wasn't aware we had to keep babies in.

Lol. My mom said them same she said no one told her she couldn't so she took me out

Owl_Feather
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I cant remember lol I had to get cs for both kids so I wasnt allowed to drive till about 2 weeks post partum. DH drove though so I'm sure we went out before I could drive. Your baby needs fresh air so dont hesitate to at least tae baby out for a walk or something!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)