Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Baby Bunching?

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:13 PM
  • 50 Replies

Has anyone done this? If so, what are some of your thoughts on the pros and the cons?

by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Allebas
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:14 PM

UHM--I have no idea what this even is. Sorry.

SkullyDevour
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:16 PM

lol its okay! I probably should've explained. It's when you have 2 kids under 2 yrs of age. Similar to like "irish twins". 

Quoting Allebas:

Allebas
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I kind of thought that was what you were talking about but I wasn't positive. My DH and I had our first 2 really close-NOT by choice--our second baby was an "OOPS" baby. Our first baby was 6-months-old when I found out I was pregnant with #2. So yeah--they are 15-months apart! The pros are that my older son actually taught my younger one how to stand and pee at the toilet!! It was great! :) Another pro was they have always been best of friends! Always having someone close to your age to play with. Cons--both kids were in diapers at the same time. Another con was idiots who asked me, "Are they twins?" I would tell them no. Then they would ask, "Are you SURE they aren't twins?" I'm like, "Well--I had this one first, then I had the other one 15 months later, so if having kids 15-months apart makes them twins, then yes they are twins!!" Some ppl are so stupid!!!  

Quoting SkullyDevour:

lol its okay! I probably should've explained. It's when you have 2 kids under 2 yrs of age. Similar to like "irish twins". 

Quoting Allebas:

JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Most of my kids are 2 years or younger apart age.

#1 and #2 are 16 months apart. #2 and #3 are 24 months apart. #3 and #4 are 23 months apart. Then I have my largest gap is between #4 and #5 with 40 months apart. I prefer them closer.
brittany208
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this

nope. mine are 4 years apart. had to pay off the first one before we could even think about having the second one.

babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I actually prefer having my kids closer together I have a 7yr(July 06), 4yr(Aug 09) and a almost 3yr old(Jan 11) and I found the two closest together much easier.  Although my 4yr old and 7yr old are now finally starting to play well together. 

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

My oldest two are 15 months apart, and then I had another 2 years later, and another 2 years after that.

We started trying much earlier, but it took a while to get pregnant.

Tay06
by Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I am curious about this too, but I doubt it will ever happen for me.  The most I want is one more, and my one child is already three.  I don't plan on having another until he's at least six.

YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this
My four average 20 months apart so when I give birth I have two under two for a few months.
SkullyDevour
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 9:36 PM
All of the pros you listed are exactly what I was curious about. As well as the con about them both being in diapers. That mustve made going out to places tougher also? Its definitely something to think about. I kind of always leaned to wanting to do this and its something me and my husband talk about. He has no real preference though. I also think about how the older chilld may feel somewhat neglected by the newer baby's presence but I guess thats somewhat inevitable if you decide to have a 2nd child.

Quoting Allebas:

I kind of thought that was what you were talking about but I wasn't positive. My DH and I had our first 2 really close-NOT by choice--our second baby was an "OOPS" baby. Our first baby was 6-months-old when I found out I was pregnant with #2. So yeah--they are 15-months apart! The pros are that my older son actually taught my younger one how to stand and pee at the toilet!! It was great! :) Another pro was they have always been best of friends! Always having someone close to your age to play with. Cons--both kids were in diapers at the same time. Another con was idiots who asked me, "Are they twins?" I would tell them no. Then they would ask, "Are you SURE they aren't twins?" I'm like, "Well--I had this one first, then I had the other one 15 months later, so if having kids 15-months apart makes them twins, then yes they are twins!!" Some ppl are so stupid!!!  

Quoting SkullyDevour:

Quoting Allebas:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)