Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Sleeping

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:46 AM
  • 10 Replies
So my LO is 14 weeks. She was sleeping so good, 4-7 hrs a night! She got a cold last week and threw everything off now at night she has been up every 1-3 hours!! She nurses and falls right back to sleep. Last night she had gas but I don't know what the issue is... Growth spurt? Teeth? (dr said she's teething), gas?
Any tips or pointers for me!
I let her in the crib until she's REALLY crying. She usually fusses a little and coos and sometimes falls back to sleep but not lately!
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Could be many things. It will pass. Babies goes through so many sleep changes during the first year.
JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:39 AM

In the first year babies sleep changes all the time.

There is nothing wrong with her waking up that often and being nursed back to sleep. 

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Babies can't actually have a sleep schedule that early, which means their sleeping patterns can change pretty often. It could be just that it's a different sleep phase, or it's also a popular growth spurt period. 

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Quoting Turtledoves:

Babies can't actually have a sleep schedule that early, which means their sleeping patterns can change pretty often. It could be just that it's a different sleep phase, or it's also a popular growth spurt period. 

This

nalban35
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Thanks! Nice to be reassured I'm not doing anything wrong and what we are going thru is normal!!
polkaspots
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:53 PM
I would think leaving her alone until she's really crying is mean. She's so little, why make her wait so long before you tend to her? She's just being a normal baby by waking up in the night.

Quoting nalban35:

Thanks! Nice to be reassured I'm not doing anything wrong and what we are going thru is normal!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Nov. 18, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Technically you can create a healthy sleep pattern with a baby that young (I've done it) but you have to be prepared for it to get thrown off and then start sleep training again after the crisis (sickness, teething, etc) is over.
nalban35
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:31 PM
I wait because she isn't always upset, she coos and makes noises, sometimes putting herself back to sleep. By "really" crying I didn't mean screaming her head off I just meant actually crying.

Quoting polkaspots:

I would think leaving her alone until she's really crying is mean. She's so little, why make her wait so long before you tend to her? She's just being a normal baby by waking up in the night.

Quoting nalban35:

polkaspots
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Okay, that's different. My parents said the same thing, but they meant they didn't respond to whining and little cries, only when we started wailing. Most babies and kids talk to themselves in bed, that's something that's totally normal and not something you have to rush to their sides for. I'm glad I misunderstood you.

Quoting nalban35:

I wait because she isn't always upset, she coos and makes noises, sometimes putting herself back to sleep. By "really" crying I didn't mean screaming her head off I just meant actually crying.

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting nalban35:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nalban35
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:11 AM
She will nurse and fall asleep and when I put her in the crib she immediately wakes up and cries. This has been the last 3 nights. There hasn't been any more then 3 hours of sleep! Any thoughts or tips?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)