Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Anybody got the baby blues?

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:48 PM
  • 18 Replies
Usually I'm very happy- but sometimes I'm so bummed....
I really miss being pregnant- I know that's so weird- and I love my babe so much.
I just don't understand y I can just sit here and cry and feel so lonely? Especially when I have a beautiful baby? And I can't imagine having another baby? How in the world can u take care of a toddler and have a newborn?
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:50 PM
PPD? Or just a little blue? But being pregnant is wonderful. I can see how you miss it. I do every time a friend gets prego. Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luke8212013
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:51 PM
I don't know why I'm just a bit down today :(
I guess tomorrow's another day...
mommy16632
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:59 PM
I had baby blues after I had my son he's 4 months old now. I loved being pregnant but just remember that u have your baby and can watch them wrong And learn so many things!!!
shoot4thestars
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I had PPD.  It was terrible.  I felt like those people on those Nyquil commericals for about a month straight..lol  But it passes and things do get better with time and patience. 

Rachell91
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:31 PM
That is the most accurate description of PPD I have ever heard in my life.

Quoting shoot4thestars:

I had PPD.  It was terrible.  I felt like those people on those Nyquil commericals for about a month straight..lol  But it passes and things do get better with time and patience. 

.LoveMy2Girls
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:33 PM
I really wish I could be pregnant again and have a baby boy. I so wish I could keep my 1 year old little forever too!! Ohhh and make my 7 year old a baby again.
Tay06
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:39 PM

I go through that occasionally too, and then I think of all the fun stuff I can do with my toddler that I couldn't do if I had a baby... and then I don't want a baby anymore :)

calvinsmommy18
by Nicole on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:36 PM
I think it's easier to have kids a little further apart. I think that helped after dd was born because my Almost 4 yr old ds kept me busy in other ways. Plus he was/is helpful with his sister.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carsonsmommytam
by Tammara on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:05 AM
I had it for a couple weeks with my now 3 week old. I just got emotional for a couple hours per day. Cried over random things. But it came and went quickly.
alandou
by April on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like you got the blues. I had severe PPD. It was so bad that I don't remember much of my baby's first 3 months of life. I was so up and down, more down than anything. I remember lots of bad times. One time my SIL was holding my dd and I just started bawling because I was so happy she was finally born and with us. Not long after that, I was resentful that I had her and I didn't want to be a mom. UGH, it was awful! I think missing being pregnant is normal. I mean, it's a special time when it's only YOU and BABY only. It's a special connection between only you two, and that's the only time it will be only you two. I also remember when I thought "how in the world could I ever have another child and love him/her?" It just didn't make any kind of sense to me, lol. I talked with my doc and she was so understanding and supportive and got me started on medication. It helped tremendously. It took a while to be truly happy again, but it was such a relief just to be able to make it through the day without wanting to crawl in a deep dark hole by myself and not come out. It sounds like you are well aware of how you're feeling and that you still have positive thoughts that tomorrow is a new day. But, if you just don't fell right and want to feel better, reach out to your doc. There's nothing wrong with it. We as mamas need to stay happy and healthy for our babies. They can definitely pick up on our stresses and feelings. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)