Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you feel like this holiday is missing?

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 3:48 AM
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this

What happened to Thanksgiving? It seems like Halloween went straight to Christmas! Mabye I'm thinking too much into it. I work in retail and as soon as the Halloween decor went down, the Christmas went up. Anyways, here's an early...

cornucopia 

Babies Group Mod

by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 3:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:04 AM
2 moms liked this

Well in the defense of retail, there isn't a whole lot to put out for Thanksgiving as far as decor and all that. lol.

Abypaws
by New Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Yes! I went to the store the other day, hoping to find a cute hat with a Thanksgiving theme for my ds and there wasn't a single Thanksgiving item out. Bummer!

Zazayam
by Nicki on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:53 AM

YES. The Christmas stuff was up around here before Halloween was even over, lol.. Poor Thanksgiving.

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Not really, but that's probably because we personally celebrated Thanksgiving last week. I made the big Thanksgiving meal early since each week is getting harder for me to do big amounts of cooking and I wanted to make sure we got our dinner in if the baby decided to come early. I'm just waiting for Thanksgiving day to come so we can start decorating for Christmas the next day!

mommyhonu
by Mary on Nov. 21, 2013 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I wanted to put out thanksgiving decorations. But there isn't much out there.
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I know people that had christmas trees up before halloween.  We celebrate one holiday at a time here.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

mommyhonu
by Mary on Nov. 21, 2013 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this
We do Christmas decorating on thanksgiving weekend too.

Quoting Turtledoves:

Not really, but that's probably because we personally celebrated Thanksgiving last week. I made the big Thanksgiving meal early since each week is getting harder for me to do big amounts of cooking and I wanted to make sure we got our dinner in if the baby decided to come early. I'm just waiting for Thanksgiving day to come so we can start decorating for Christmas the next day!

natural_s
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Yeah they do push Christmas on too fast. I think I saw Christmas stuff in a store before Halloween even came but I think its because Christmas brings in a lot of money especially in the retail stores. The only one who probably really benefit from Thanksgiving are the grocery stores.

People are also starting to shop earlier and earlier for Christmas.

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 1:19 PM

I wanted to do earlier this year, but my husband believes in letting each holiday have it's own time. I saw his point, so I compromised and said we could do it the day after. Usually we do it the first week of December, so it's not much earlier than normal. I can't wait though, I LOVE going to get the tree and setting it up!

Quoting mommyhonu:

We do Christmas decorating on thanksgiving weekend too.

Quoting Turtledoves:

expecting boybaby girlpuppy

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 1:20 PM
The gas station I used to work at set up leaves and cornucopias for Thanksgiving.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)