Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 3 year old wont....

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 1:34 PM
  • 9 Replies
Sleep in his bed at night. During nap time it's great but at night he just won't sleep in his room. I don't know whay to do anymore,he climbs right into bed with us,its so uncomfortable for us!!

What do i.need to do to get him in his own bed at night?!
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 2:45 PM
I haven't really had this problem, but here's what I'd think to do:

Walk him back to his own bed. Every.Single.Time. If you're consistent, eventually he'll get that he needs to sleep in his own bed. If you sometimes let him stay and sometimes don't, he'll likely keep doing it knowing that eventually you'll let him stay in your bed.

I'm assuming he's slept in his own bed before with this advice. If you've always bed shared and are wanting to transition, you probably need a different approach ;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuckyyMommy2
by Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 3:10 PM
See that's the problem, he has never slept in our bed always,slept in his crib. He started doing this after we switched him to a toddler bed. IDK what his issue is!

Quoting larissalarie: I haven't really had this problem, but here's what I'd think to do:

Walk him back to his own bed. Every.Single.Time. If you're consistent, eventually he'll get that he needs to sleep in his own bed. If you sometimes let him stay and sometimes don't, he'll likely keep doing it knowing that eventually you'll let him stay in your bed.

I'm assuming he's slept in his own bed before with this advice. If you've always bed shared and are wanting to transition, you probably need a different approach ;-)
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Probably the novelty of the fact that he can. I'm sure it'll pass soon enough!

Quoting LuckyyMommy2: See that's the problem, he has never slept in our bed always,slept in his crib. He started doing this after we switched him to a toddler bed. IDK what his issue is!

Quoting larissalarie: I haven't really had this problem, but here's what I'd think to do:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkButterfly66
by Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 4:22 PM

My daughter is a very wild sleeper.  We finally had to make a pallet on the floor in our room for her to sleep in when she needed to be near us.  But at 3, we'd pick her up after she was asleep and put her back in her bed.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 8, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I have never had this issue either, here is a bump!

abra
by Abra on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:06 PM
You could put child locks on the door. It might not keep him in his bed, but it would keep him in his room.
ProudMeof2
by Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:52 PM

If u can afford it, maybe try a bed tent to put over his bed. My 3 yr old has one and loves it. Of course he has been sleeping in his bed since we got it, but since we put the bed tent, he loves it even more.

super-mom-of2
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 2:41 AM
My son is two and we had a problem when we switched him to his small toddler bed.1st he is tall for his age almost 40inches and 2nd He is a very active sleeper constantly moving and switching sleep positions. After almost 2 months of laying on the floor on comfortors under what he called his fort ( blankets going over the foot of the bed to the dresser) i bought him a xl twin bed since then we have had no problems getting him to go get into bed at night. We also put a baby gate in his doorway and if he does wake up at night he will call for us to come in we sit or lay for a short time just until he gets comfortable and can fall back to sleep. So maybe try a bigger bed.
mrs-jt
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 3:07 AM
This sounds like it could make it fun

Quoting ProudMeof2:

If u can afford it, maybe try a bed tent to put over his bed. My 3 yr old has one and loves it. Of course he has been sleeping in his bed since we got it, but since we put the bed tent, he loves it even more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)