Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my bf is being a whiny baby!!

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:08 PM
  • 10 Replies
So from beginning of when ydd was 3 months okd i was living with my mom due to financial reasons. Now she is 10 months old we are living togethee. Hes bitching that since we are together that ydd is NOT allowed to sleep in our bed. hes saying it increases risk for SIDS, that people arent suppose to be sleeping in the bed with a baby, and that CPS will say that its not safe and take her away. I told him i will sleep in the other room and to stop forcing and controlling me to do something i dont like. Hes saying that if i dont like it to move back with my mom and that shes not allowed to sleep in his bed. SMMFH.
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs-jt
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 3:21 AM
you should post this in the venting group. CPS will not take away your baby for co sleeping. However he is right if you do not sleep with a child that can increase SIDS but if you sleep properly with the baby it's actually reduces the risk for SIDS. it sounds like there might be more behind this thing just sleeping arrangements. If he doesn't like the way you're raising your daughter and you don't want part in the way he is acting maybe you shouldn't be with him. do what's best for you and especially with best for your daughter
JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:25 AM

It does not increase the risk of SIDS.  SIDS is when there is NO explanation of why baby died and it happens the most when baby is in a CRIB alone.  Which is why it's also called "crib death".

Bed-sharing, if done unsafely raises the risk of smothering.  Done safely it lowers the risk of SIDS by quite a bit.

OP:  I'm sorry he's being an ass.  You do what's right for you and baby! 

Quoting mrs-jt: you should post this in the venting group. CPS will not take away your baby for co sleeping. However he is right if you do not sleep with a child that can increase SIDS but if you sleep properly with the baby it's actually reduces the risk for SIDS. it sounds like there might be more behind this thing just sleeping arrangements. If he doesn't like the way you're raising your daughter and you don't want part in the way he is acting maybe you shouldn't be with him. do what's best for you and especially with best for your daughter

~Crystal~

Homeschooling Mama to James, Jade, Steven, Willow and Katara
Wifey to Michael since 3-30-05

KenzieQsMommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:32 AM
This. My dr specifically said safe cosleeping lowers the risk of sids. Side car the crib, if you can.

Quoting JadeTigr7:

It does not increase the risk of SIDS.  SIDS is when there is NO explanation of why baby died and it happens the most when baby is in a CRIB alone.  Which is why it's also called "crib death".

Bed-sharing, if done unsafely raises the risk of smothering.  Done safely it lowers the risk of SIDS by quite a bit.

Quoting mrs-jt: you should post this in the venting group. CPS will not take away your baby for co sleeping. However he is right if you do not sleep with a child that can increase SIDS but if you sleep properly with the baby it's actually reduces the risk for SIDS. it sounds like there might be more behind this thing just sleeping arrangements. If he doesn't like the way you're raising your daughter and you don't want part in the way he is acting maybe you shouldn't be with him. do what's best for you and especially with best for your daughter

mama-smurf
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:21 AM
I breastfeed Nd was told it decreases risk of SIDS

mama-smurf
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I make sure i do it right. No blankets, not inbetween us and everything else. I also breastfeed her in niddle of the night.

Quoting JadeTigr7:

mama-smurf
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Sorry i just woke up. My phone lost internet access as soon as I posted so i couldnt access anything, read posts and have no messages anymore.
mrs-jt
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 1:37 PM
That is what i was trying to say, i was really tired.

"However he is right if you do not sleep with a child that can increase SIDS but if you sleep properly with the baby it's actually reduces the risk for SIDS"
Was meant to say
"However he is not right if you do not sleep with a child that can increase SIDS but if you sleep properly with the baby it actually reduces the risk for SIDS"

I bed share with my 3 month old son. It makes breastfeeding easier. He's happier and sleeps better, therefore I'm happier and sleep better, therefore my husbands happier and sleeps better.if we go to do something it simple you sleep I put it in the bassinet why were " active". my husband has no problem with bed sharing. Even my sons pediatrician even told us it was okay cause it does reduce the risk for SIDS and if you do it properly there is no risk of suffocation.

Quoting JadeTigr7:

mrs-jt
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 1:38 PM
It does...I do the same thing.

Quoting mama-smurf: I breastfeed Nd was told it decreases risk of SIDS

mrs-jt
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Then you don't have anything to worry about. Well except your bf...

Quoting mama-smurf: I make sure i do it right. No blankets, not inbetween us and everything else. I also breastfeed her in niddle of the night.

Quoting JadeTigr7:

JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Ah, thanks for clarifying! :)

I've bed-shared with all my children (I have five).  

Quoting mrs-jt: That is what i was trying to say, i was really tired.

"However he is right if you do not sleep with a child that can increase SIDS but if you sleep properly with the baby it's actually reduces the risk for SIDS"
Was meant to say
"However he is not right if you do not sleep with a child that can increase SIDS but if you sleep properly with the baby it actually reduces the risk for SIDS"

I bed share with my 3 month old son. It makes breastfeeding easier. He's happier and sleeps better, therefore I'm happier and sleep better, therefore my husbands happier and sleeps better.if we go to do something it simple you sleep I put it in the bassinet why were " active". my husband has no problem with bed sharing. Even my sons pediatrician even told us it was okay cause it does reduce the risk for SIDS and if you do it properly there is no risk of suffocation.

Quoting JadeTigr7:

~Crystal~

Homeschooling Mama to James, Jade, Steven, Willow and Katara
Wifey to Michael since 3-30-05

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)